List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Which one of these Haswell devices offers two USB ports, besides the Sony Flip, and HP Revolve models?

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

T904 and T734 hae at least 2 USB

3. bloodycape

Both of those devices aren't in my budget so it slipped my mind. What about Bay Trail Atom devices(besides the aforementioned Sony Flip)?

4. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why 2 USB ports? Why not a USB with splitter/dock?

Most Atoms do come with micro-USB and full USB, so you could dongle it up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5. edo101

edo101 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been eyeing the Flip 13 for a while. I was wondering are there any ultra book 2 in 1s or more laptop friendly tablets with stylus coming out this year? I hesistate on Flip 13 because of battery life and price

6. bloodycape

Would at least one of them be USB 3?

7. bloodycape

I am not sure how the negative standouts works on the chart. I noticed some get don't get it despite weighs the same as the larger model.

Is there like a list that shows me dimensions(width, length and thickness)?

8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I'm thrilled someone actually looked at the color coding! Basically, if a device is extra heavy or has extra low DPI I mark it red. But: if it's a rugged device I think I might have skipped that.

9. bloodycape

I understood why the rugged devices didn't get marked down(beside the T734) but, did find it a bit odd the Sony Flip 15 got marked down as red, seeing as it almost weighs the same as the 14in model(which was also marked down); but, then the 11in model doesn't get marked down as red for weighing in at the same weight as the 13in model. But, do you think you can add maybe a column for estimated battery life or size(besides thickness)? Also, for the Flip 11, it would be nice if it was made clear the Pentium(and Celeron, which comes as an option in some regions) is Atom based, vs the i core based Pentium offered in the Venue Pro 11. The Flip 11 can also be optioned up with 8gb of ram and 256gb ssd, though that is also depends on the region you are in(it's not available in North America with the aforementioned options).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I actually overlooked that one, it's now also marked.

The coloring is very subjective, I just wanted to give people a quick way to spot some differences. I'm sure people can still decide that they don't mind the weight, even with the coloring there. By the way, I blame Mesophere for making the red much more alarming looking! :)

You have made many good suggestions, and honestly if I had more time I would gladly do these things, but I've already spent way too much time on this table. If anything I've been trying to simplify the table to limit the work needed keeping it up to date. For example, I've stopped detailing exactly which CPU is available, limiting it to generation and class. Battery life is such a minefield that I don't really want to get into that. It depends on too many factors. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Ah, that has more to do with my lack of knowledge of current CPUs. Who'd have thought I'd ever get out of the loop on PCs.. Thanks Intel! If you tell me exactly what should go where I'll try to make the changes. Example "Please place model x in section y, and update its colum z info to qqq".

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    bloodycape likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.