List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think you needs to make it clear that the Intel Pentium in the Flip 11 Atom based, vs the Pentium options on the Tap 11, and Venue Pro 11, which are I Core based. Additionally, it seems like some locals will get a Celeron model(also Atom based), but with 2gb of ram; while some get the Pentium cpu, but can be optioned with 8gb of ram, and 256gb SSD.

2. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. I cleared the cache on Chrome and tried. I also used Firefox. Neither loaded in a page. You can see the little frown icon on the chrome page. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

chromeFire.jpg

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Sorry, I checked a few times, but it always works on this end. Maybe an issue related to skydrive to onedrive rename not having propagated or something. Does anyone else have problems with the excel sheet?

5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I just noticed that in Japan(and I am sure in other place also) the Sony Flip 11 can be optioned up with a Atom based Celeron cpu, with a base of 2gb of ram(4gb optional), and 64gb SSD.

A tad off topic, but I was on Lenovo's site and noticed that the Yoga 2 11 is comes with the same Pentium cpu and 4gb of ram as the Flip 11, but is paired with a HDD vs the SSD on the Sony. Lenovo is claiming about 6 hours of battery life for web browsing and for HD video playback on their site(a bit odd that both get the same battery life). On the same page the Yoga 11S, which is a Ivy Bridge(3rd gen) i core based model, and SSD drive also gets 6 hours of battery life according to Lenovo from the same battery. Both are 34w from what I read on their page. I think I remember reading there maybe a 4th gen i core model 11s, but I am not 100%, so I can't say how much of a difference battery life is there. I get the feeling that these particular Atom based cpus are not as efficient as they can be seeing as they are like getting the same battery life on what is pretty much identical machines, screen and battery wise Now how this related so the Flip 11 is, at CES Sony was saying that the Flip 11 could be optioned with a 4th gen I core cpu, up to i7. If that is the case I get the feeling that maybe if that does come to fruition the Flip 11 will get battery life closer to the 7 hour mark.

Edit: It seems that my suspicions may have been correct. I just noticed on Best Buys website the Yoga 11S with a 4th gen i5 cpu, with an SSD is being quoted 7 hours and 24 minutes for battery life, which is an 1 hour & 24 minutes more than the Atom based variants. On a side note Lenovo's site doesn't even show the 4th gen 11S, and only offers the 11S in a 3rd gen i7 with 8gb of ram. I had higher hopes for the Sony as it is like the Yoga 11 RT(I have) with the same full size ports I want, but with an active digitizer I also want, but the battery life specs is a tad bit disappointing(5h 20m according to the reviews). My old ULV C2D 11in Vaio was able to 6 hours, and that was with the optical drive on, so how is it we have gone slightly backwards here battery wise?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  7. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Don't worry about it, it's not like it's copyrighted. I mean of course Microsoft should pay me for the PR, but other than that.. :)

Mesosphere likes this.
  9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Perhaps not, but the decent thing to do is give full credit.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

10. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

All true issues. Although nTrig has made me more than happy at least for my note taking needs. I'll be going from my personal Tap 11 to a work Surface Pro2 this week, I'm not looking forward to the smaller screen and chunky build. However, the battery life is a pretty big bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.