List of Windows 10 tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stormi, Sep 7, 2015.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I know, it's too bad, but also understandable, there's just too many releases lately! There used to be a copy of this list somewhere that was then updated independently. I honestly don't know if they kept that going. Anyone else remember?

crashnburn and Mesosphere like this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Your slacking @JoeS!

Seriously though, I know it was quite a bit of work for you before when pen equipped PCs were the exception. Now that basic AES tech has become so common I can't imagine what it would be like now. I'm pretty sure someone would have to pay me to do it =P

JoeS likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

You missed the whole era where @stormi (starter of this thread) took over for the Win10 version, after I did the Win8 version. He took it to a whole new level, with sortable columns and many more features listed. It was already a bit of a chore before all those enhancements, so I can't imagine the work involved in making this latest version. Major kudos to Stormi. :thumbsup:

crashnburn and Mesosphere like this.
  4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Oh no I didn't miss it, I just forgot. Thanks for the reminder =)

JoeS likes this.
  5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Your requirement for USB charging for a device with a dGPU (that probably requires over 100W of charging) is puzzling.

It's funny you draw the line at 14" or 4lbs but require a dGPU. The 14" upper limit plus 4K plus GPU narrows it down a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if there was just one model that is 4K with a GPU and isn't 15.6". There's the ZBook x2 (new model coming soon?), and upgrading the SSD and RAM is difficult.

For devices over 14" but under 4lbs you have Asus Zenbook Pro, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme, and finally Lenovo Yoga C940, which is probably what you're after.

Steve S, JoeS and WillAdams like this.
  6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Your requirement for USB charging for a device with a dGPU...is puzzling...>>

Such a statement doesn't necessarily mean running fully on USB power. It could easily mean using USB power to supplement the battery while running or simply charging when the device is turned off. Both of these scenarios are reasonable...

Good advice at the end, there...

Marty likes this.
  7. crashnburn

crashnburn Scribbler - Standard Member

Just downloaded the Excel last night to filter some candidates for / after my Surface Pro 3.

Thunderbolt 3, USB-C 3.1 Gen 2, & Hopefully a fuller profile of USB-C power & related features.

Looking to get something bigger than SP Pro 3 in terms of screen real estate - Physical Size and Resolution both.

I am guessing with size increases; the thickness & weight profiles have decreased over the years since SP3.

I know 2020 started with a Pandemic bang.. but nothing released in 2020?

8. crashnburn

crashnburn Scribbler - Standard Member

Is there a big gap between the current Sheet and whats available in Market?

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Most of the model names are the same. Surface Book 2 became 3, HP Elite x2 got a bunch of different numbers attached to its end, Lenovo Yoga got a C prepended to its model digits, some new Samsung Galaxy devices got a bunch of titles and numbers, and Dell keeps churning out models with digit salad. The biggest difference between the market and this list is the lack of Chromebooks with USI, all of which are brand-new.

Generally you can get pen tablets from these companies: Acer, Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung, and Wacom. There's Fujitsu and Panasonic too but those are business-oriented. Finding these devices is a lot easier these days because they're actually advertised for their pens. And you pretty much know exactly what you're getting with MPP, AES, EMR, and USI.

JoeS likes this.
  10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member