List of Windows 10 tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stormi, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I would give the credit to the OEM partners like HP and Acer that were will willing to risk premium 2-in-1s targeted at the creative market, rather than Wacom.

Wacom's recent releases are the lower-priced Cintiq 16 and Wacom One, competing with the Cintiq-alternative market, but not advancing it in any meaningful way.

The most recent press release on USI 1.0, seem show support by many lesser known Chinese digitizer makers, but the biggest player MS is still noticeably absent from the list. USI is pretty much stranded, until it can get native Windows integration imo.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, can anyone tell me what the latest tablet pc’s with Wacom emr are besides the mobile studio pros and the z-book? Might be in the market very soon and I don’t see the latest list.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

• Dell Inspiron 7486 Chromebook 14
    • Acer Chromebook Spin 13
    • Google Pixel Slate
    • Acer Switch 7 (impossible to find)
    • Acer ConceptD 9
    • Samsung Notebook 9 Pen / Pro
    And the Mobile Studio Pros and the Z-Book x2.

stoneseeker, starllcraft and Steve S like this.
  4. kruzilla

Oof. Not a lot of Win10 options out there anymore. Storyboard Pro is a must for me so tablets without Windows are a non-starter (wish they'd make it for iOS but it's not happening anytime soon).

Thanks for the reply!

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

If you want a windows EMR device that is currently available, you're looking at the Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (the 15" 2019 blue model) or Pro (the 15" 2018/2019 grey model), or the 2017 Galaxy Book 12. The HP zbook x2 (14" model) is also very much a Windows dedicated art machine- matte glass, buttons, EMR, etc. It was also very well reviewed. That's pretty much it.

Soon, the Acer Concept D9 Ezel (the 17.3" model) will be out for 5000$, too rich for me. The Concept D7 Ezel (the 15.6" model) is also coming out at about 3000$. The Samsung Galaxy Book Flex (15.6 convertible) is coming out soon at around 1500-2000$, but it's also still not available. Those three will basically be the only new Windows EMR models.

It's slim pickins, but atleast all the machines are really very good.

6. kruzilla

Good to know, thanks. I actually posted the question because 2 days ago I thought my 2016 MobileStudio Pro was about to die but thankfully the folks at Microsoft managed to fix it (knock on wood). I figured it was time to start investigating new machines but was hoping not to spend as much as I did on this one. I think if I do end up getting something new this year it'll probably be one of the Samsungs.

7. starllcraft

starllcraft Pen Pal - Newbie

[QUOTE =“ ATIVQ,帖子:544430,成员:47404”]
    • 戴尔Inspiron 7486 Chromebook 14
    • 宏cer Chromebook Spin 13
    • Google Pixel Slate
    • Acer Switch 7(不可能找到)
    • 宏cerConceptD 9
    • 三星Notebook 9 Pen / Pro
    还有Mobile Studio Pro和Z-Book x2。[/ QUOTE]

I was thinking about the Dell Inspiron 7486 Chromebook 14:Acer Chromebook Spin 13,
    both devices, because these two hardware is very powerful, and can be bought at a fairly low price, if you buy the same performance of the Windows tablet price at least double, if I can install Windows 10 with my zbook x2 stylus would be really free painting productivity

8. Aiffe

Aiffe Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, I came here looking for updates to the list, because it would still be very useful to me.

The fact that there are more devices on the market now actually makes it harder to research, not easier. Back in 2011, when I bought the Asus EP121, that was the clear choice. There was nothing else out on the market quite like it. Not with the processing power and screen definition it had.

And on top of that, back in those days, if a tablet PC came with a pen, you were likely getting the same Wacom EMR tech no matter what. Now there's all different kinds of pens out there, and they aren't all equal. It becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of everything that's released, and then to compare all of that: pen type, screen size, CPU, RAM, GPU, and any other features of interest. Plus just searching for tablets for artists is less helpful these days, everyone's just using the iPad Pro now or has a Cintiq, there's less interest in all the amazing tech we have now and are so lucky to have. People think if you're not getting Apple or Cintiq, you must not care about specs or features, and that's really not true at all.

Of course, I completely get that that very thing is why the list would become more difficult to maintain, and I don't expect anyone to keep up with that level of work for free if they're not enjoying it anymore. This thread itself has still been useful to me, in finding out about some of the new stuff that's out there.

JoeS likes this.
  9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Samsung Galaxy Book Flex and Flex Alpha are now available.

JoeS likes this.
  10. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Pen Pal - Newbie

Man. I'm so bummed that this list isn't updated anymore.

Is there another list or spreadsheet on another site, perhaps even something like GSMArena's excellent database of all the phones ever made that you can search and filter results by?

I'm looking for:

- touchscreen convertible (required)
    - active pen (required)
    - ~4k IPS display (required)
    - dedicated graphics card (required)
    - 14" or 4lb max (required)
    - USB charging
    - upgradeable SSD
    - upgradeable RAM
    - NOT the Microsoft Surface Book

Thanks!