List of Windows 10 tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stormi, Sep 7, 2015.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Oh, but the HP Mini was the most elegant of the bunch. The only downsides were weird trackpad button placements, the high price compared to other units, and some kind of buggy OS issue..? Still.., it was the most attractive of all the netbooks, imho! I was tempted more than once.

I went with the Asus because it was the first out of the gate with the Atom processor with a 10" screen.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Not quite 10" small, but my netbook of choice was the Acer 1410T with its SU2400 C2D power and HD resolution. Battery life was in the 5-6 hour range. Saphire Blue of course. Loved that little device. I still have it somewhere and it has served as an emergency back-up for a decade.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I didn't find the OS buggy(custom Ubuntu version). I think the Windows variant(business and designer models) that cost more. The one I had was like $35 more than a similar Dell or Asus(w/ XP/Vista). I don't remember the trackpad much, but the display was meh as it was very glossy(the pricier business version had the better display). I sold it for a similar sized(& pricier) Sony Vaio TT, due to the Atom cpu. I was excited to hear Sony was bringing out a n-trig based Flip 11(which sadly had poor battery life).

4. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

New convertibles from HP:

HP Envy x360 15 (mid 2018 refresh) with AMD Ryzen or Intel Core, 15.5" FHD or 4K display, HP Sure View - starting this month at $750 (AMD) or $870 (Intel)
    HP Envy x360 13 with AMD Ryzen, 13.3" FHD or 4K display, HP Sure View - starting this month at $760
    EliteBook x360 1030 G3 with Intel Core, 13.3" FHD or 4K display, HP Sure View, up to 700 nits - starting in June at $1,450
    HP Elite X2 1013 G3 with Intel Core, 13" 1920*1280 or 3k*2k display, HP Sure View, up to 700 nits - starting in June at $1,500 - forum thread

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/14/hp-envy-elite-pcs/
    https://liliputing.com/2018/05/hp-envy-x360-13-with-amd-ryzen-mobile-coming-soon-for-760-and-up.html

YVerloc likes this.
  5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I remember that device just as fondly! I believe I had the 1810 though I'm quite certain it was the same form factor (mine was red!) and had the low power C2D cpu, and man was it durable and reliable. I used it way beyond it's trash-by date but was with it as it drew its last breath (I believe I was in a state that permitted netbook euthanasia :).)

When I think of this device, the great Lumia phones, even the original iphone SE, it strikes me that plastic is underrated as a potentially high end material that can look every bit as good as glass but without the shatter vulnerability and somehow the colors of today's high end polycarbonate are more vivid and the shine - when new at least - is almost new-car-like. Thanks for the memories, Bronsky.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The 1810T was the high power version of the same 11.6" body. And, yes, you are correct about the use of plastic by some manufacturers. Acer had elevated it to an art form. There was an Olympic version of the 1810 that was nearly a perfect portable netbook in its day.

Didn't the 1810 eventually wind up with an Arrandale CPU?

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I believe the highest end cpu the 1810 had was an SU7300 ULV C2D. I Googled it to refresh my memory and found my model: the 1810TZ, which was either the SU7300 or the red color. It was a real looker, but check out this review . Among my favorite comments from the review:

1) "The colours on the glossy display look sharp, the black value is good at 1.03 cd/m², and its contrast of 201:1 is more than sufficient"

2) "The unusual thing about the 1810TZ is its second processor core"

I just loved that computer so much! I wonder how much of what I do today would work just fine on it (not counting the lack of active digitizer/stylus); I suspect a fair amount.

WillAdams likes this.
  8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Will these be added to the penabled excel doc?

9. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I hope I have some time this weekend ;)

JoeS and DRTigerlilly like this.
  10. scstraus

scstraus Pen Pal - Newbie