List of Windows 10 tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stormi, Sep 7, 2015.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Oops! I suspect they can increase the post length limit in XenForo, but if MS refuses to change to "Windows 11" (Spinal Tap edition) at some point we'd have to pare down the list to more recent devices. One option is to keep the first post limited to more recent devices, and cut and paste 6tg gen and older core-i devices in a separate thread. Or maybe if you ask @Mesosphere nicely he could paste a chunk of the BBCode for the older tablets into the second post in this thread.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Added 32 new devices to the Excel sheet o_O
    Atom devices still collecting dust on the waitlist :rolleyes:

@JoeS Actually when starting the thread I wanted to reserve the 2nd post exactly for this but then forgot about it after posting...

Selofain, bloodycape and JoeS like this.
  3. stormi

A question to you americanos: do you still rely on inch as unit for general dimensions or are you fine with metric m/cm/mm ? Often I see the use of millimeters instead of inch for specs on US sites and in press releases.
    I would love to adapt to mm only for the thickness in the excel sheet :p

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm one of those old diehards who prefers Imperial measures, and uses them by preference for most things (and get really torqued by files which come in in metric measure and have irrational decimal measures where things need to be divided by thirds and so forth), but for something such as this, I'm willing to look up the metric conversion to inches --- consistency and ease of maintenance/updating is more important to my mind.

stormi likes this.
  5. JoeS

I'd like to just randomly say once more:

ALL HAIL THE INCOMPARABLE THREAD MAINTAINER STORMI!!!!

Thanks for keeping this going @stormi, really great. I remember that it used to take quite a bit of time, and that was before you doubled the number of spreadsheet columns. :D Hope the tablets keep coming, and that you'll keep surviving the influx. :thumbsup:

6. shade69

shade69 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, I still do not see the HP Pavilion x360 15.6" screen laptop on the list. I know for a fact that model 15-bk192ms does support pressure sensitive stylus (mine did till till it fell and shattered the screen and the case broke).

7. stormi

Thanks man, I'll try my best :)

Thanks for the info, do you happen to know if the current 8th gen Intel variant also supports a sylus?
    Similar happend to me back in the day with an HP Pavilion tx2550. But thanks to Wacom EMR (with the digitizer behind the LCD) I was able to remove the cracked glas and only loose touch functionality.

8. milkytoast

milkytoast Pen Pal - Newbie

9. shade69

shade69 Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish the glass was the only thing that got busted. I'd just replace it. Busted digitizer would have been repairable as well, but add the LCD screen, top and bottom clam shell and possible damage to the keyboard retainer(s), it becomes time to replace. Timing is bad as I'm looking for a new job as well.

I've taken the approach of looking for the vendors' pens and seeing what models are listed as compatible.

This is a rough sheet I made from data compiled from the vendors sites (HP, Acer, Lenovo, Dell).
    Incorporate it into the list if possible please.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BznKkZTVBz811y408gtHhrNKbo6H7lZ4teN-5H5yCeU/edit?usp=sharing

10. JoeS

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    bloodycape likes this.