List of e-ink tablets and e-readers with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Apr 17, 2017.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Congrats! How do you feel about the weight? Little heavy or just right?

2. twospirits

twospirits Scribbler - Standard Member

It feels just right. Not too heavy or too light. (At least compared to my tablets and phone. I think my LG V60 dual screen feels about the same weight. I've had it for about 6 days and used it both at home and work, it really feels good, I was a bit worried ordering it before any good reviews were out. Writing on it is not bad even with glass, depending on the pen being used. I find the Noris Jumbo feel better writing wise, then the Noris Classic, then the Boox Pen. I didn't apply the screen protector since I read too many horror stories. Although I do plan on tackling it at one point. With the Noris Jumbo, I feel a chill up my spine when I use the eraser like I'm scratching the screen, but it's probably in my head. btw, I tried removing the nib on the pen and I must have done it too hard and destroyed it. So I decided at that point to take the pen apart. I tell you when it was hard removing the end, it was hard. Eventually I took it apart and the shinonome insert is really tiny.
    Pics are up here on reddit.

TS out

Marty and JoeS like this.
  3. JoeS

Funny post, got quite a few chuckles out of it. A QR code.. for ants. Know your classics. :D

twospirits likes this.
  4. twospirits

twospirits Scribbler - Standard Member

While I'm not good at videos, I created one to show how I modified the Note Air Cover to magnetically hold the Note Air. (a sort of poor mans' version of the Remarkable magnetic cover)

JoeS likes this.
  5. JoeS

The Note Air is in stock on Amazon.com, it could be in your hands by Saturday to read all the election news! I almost ordered one myself, but I think I'll wait for the Note 3. The Air is super sleek and I prefer its design, but with no UFS and with half the storage at only 32GB (likely before Android OS claims some of that) I just couldn't. Yet. :D

WillAdams likes this.
  6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

7. JoeS

Voya has uploaded his three part Boox Note Air review:

8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@JoeS Which one if any are you actually using? I apologize if you have answered in the thread and I've just overlooked it.

I have been using intermittently the larger Sony and while I like it a lot, it's almost too big

9. JoeS

My daily driver (it's really almost daily) is the Sony DPT-RP1. It's huge, but light like a piece of cardboard. I absolutely love that aspect. What I do not love is that it doesn't work as mass storage device. To get files on this thing you go through their app, which personally I cannot get to connect without disabling the firewall. I literally ended up having to write a batch file that reminds me to disconnect the network, and that then disables the firewall, starts the sync utility, and turns the firewall back on when I'm done. You know, other than that it's very convenient! :p

desertlap likes this.
  10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wow, wasn't aware it could be that complex. I have lucked out then basically that when I've used the Sony, t was basically handed to me, ready to go.