List of e-ink tablets and e-readers with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Apr 17, 2017.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Let's put Windows on it and call it the Yoga Minibook C930. :p Seriously though, I'd probably buy that even in Android version. It'd be the perfect reader for any environment.

Kumabjorn, Marty and WillAdams like this.
  2. JoeS

In my ongoing fight NOT to buy any of those great Boox devices, below are the weights of the current Boox models and the weight per square inch compared to my DPT-RP1. The Sony is half the weight per square inch of the Note Air! Pretty impressive.

upload_2020-10-25_14-42-52.png

BTW I didn't even know that they already announced a Note 3! It's basically the same as the note 2, but with faster CPU and Android 10, as opposed to Android 9 on the Note 2, for $550.

Such a weird lineup, they now have two almost identical Note models, with the 13% cheaper note Air being 18% thinner, 11% heavier, with a 30% smaller battery (that 'air' case and/or glass cover must be heavy!), with 25% less RAM and 50% less storage. So for a 13% discount you get a way worse reader that is a bit thinner. It does look nice though, so there's that.

upload_2020-10-25_14-48-57.png

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Bronsky likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

For me, 8" is the sweetspot for an e-ink tablet. An upgradable Android reader/note taker.:thumbsup: I occasionally think about Ordering the Boox Nova 3. At $339, it's not out of reach but it is costly enough to make me think ... do I really need this?

4. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

As the new owner of a nova pro, yes, you need this. It's a pretty fun little device.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JoeS and Bronsky like this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Just what I need ... encouragement.:vbrolleyes:

violajack likes this.
  6. JoeS

Voya has posted a first impression video of the Boox Note Air, for those interested:

twospirits likes this.
  7. graki

graki Pen Pal - Newbie

Damnit, I just got my employer ordering me a remarkable 2.

Envoyé de mon Mi 9T en utilisant Tapatalk

JoeS likes this.
  8. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I hated the original Nova (I think it lasted two days for me before I returned it), but I have to admit I'm always tempted to give the newer ones a try too. Partly I wonder if newer hardware fixes any of my issues (like I'd hope they actually have a correctly wired USB-C port in 2020 instead of the one that only charged with a USB-A to USB-C cable). When it's in stock on Amazon it'll be more tempting since I know I'd have easy returns no questions asked, but I don't know yet.

9. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

I mean, the Nova Pro isn't exactly speedy, or responsive. But for PDFs and ink notes, it's fine. I'd love to have an upgraded version, but this one is good enough to hold out until they do it with a color screen.

10. twospirits

twospirits Scribbler - Standard Member

I needed a e-ink writer for work and started looking at the Remarkable 2 but their software sucks, ended up getting the Note Air and I'm quite happy with it. Although I wouldn't mind getting a better stylus. I'm using the Noris Jumbo and Classic in the meantime.