List of e-ink tablets and e-readers with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Ohh, I've installed it on a few devices, just hasn't been able to run it. Wish they would compile an e-ink version. Also wish that the GoodEreader folks would make it mandatory to run a OneNote session on their pen enabled devises so the consumer would be better prepared.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I just "noted" that Lisa has posted her Boox Max Lumi review. Perhaps the biggest surprise is that.. Lisa plays guitar! :D

@MobileTechReview I do agree with one of the YouTube commenters that a bit more detail on the more unusual aspects of the evidence would have been great. Things like how is the writing feel compared to pen/pencil on paper, how well does it work as external display (looked a bit buggy on MyDeepGuide), does the fact that it runs full Android mean it gets warm when you're using it in direct sunlight, and a major differentiator with the Sony DPT-RP: is it easy to keep OneDrive synced to the device? And Kuma would like to know: how terrible is OneNote on it. :)

If you end up reviewing the Boox Note Air, I'd also love to know how well their $30ish Bluetooth keyboard works. The new "handle on the left" form factor of the Note Air makes that combo look like the perfect tiny outdoor laptop, where the handle becomes the lower bezel. Anyway, thanks for the review and the music. :thumbsup:

PS. Wow, the YouTube link starts with GRAVE. A little pre-Halloween joke from Google?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Kumabjorn, Steve S and violajack like this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Yes, she does!
    E-ink note devices are the unicorn for a heavy OneNote user, so close to being the real thing.

WillAdams and JoeS like this.
  4. JoeS

Voya (sp?) of MyDeepGuide does a great job a) showing how terribly OneNote runs on the Max Lumi, and b) explaining why that's the case. Starts at 33:18. Appropriately the segment starts with a sigh. :D

Kumabjorn, violajack and Marty like this.
  5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Does anyone else use this guy as tablet ASMR?

Seriously, just throw on a playlist and while away the rest of the day dreaming of the perfect e-reader... :newpalm:

JoeS likes this.
  6. JoeS

Haha, yeah for some of his videos it really feels like I'm starting a yoga lesson. :)

7. Kumabjorn

Yepp, OneNote for e-ink needs to be released, clean out the interface from colors and a different inking engine. Lots of functions in OneNote I can do without in for an e-ink device since it will never be my primary OneNote engine, always secondary and primarily needed for heavy editing sessions or book annotations.

WillAdams likes this.
  8. graki

graki Pen Pal - Newbie

Agreed. Let's spam OneNote's boards (reviews, bugs reports and so on...). Who knows? Apparently the note air from onyx sells surprisingly well (that or they have the most catastrophic production issues), and perhaps it will create a traction in the OneNote users community...

Envoyé de mon Mi 9T en utilisant Tapatalk

9. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm pretty sure Microsoft has already expressed zero interest in supporting eInk. Good luck with changing that.

10. Kumabjorn

I can visualize a future Duo with one of the screens being e-ink, exactly for the purpose of note taking and handwriting. They could even get it under that magic $1000 price line.