Linux section needed IMMEDIATELY

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by Kyle Porter, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Hello again.

Recently i have been spending my time making ubuntu 8.10 run on my 2710p as a side project. It has now gotten to the point where i would like to post my findings, but have no spot to put it besides software.

The man issues was the xorg.conf file to get the tablet functioning correctly. I have found/ made various lists that will work on the 2710p, t2010, and t5010. others are coming soon.

Linux has been made a VIABLE OS choice, with very little effort being needed. A section needs to be made, as once users figure out how easy it is, they will start wanting to put in on their tablets.

Thanks for your time. Please respond with your thoughts.

KPVIC

2. brvdboss

brvdboss Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree that a new subforum like the Vista OS one would be a nice addition.
    Which makes me think of it, why is there a vista-forum, but no XP-TE forum?

I'm using FreeBSD as second OS on my tablet and probably faced the same problems as you to get it configured and working properly, so a forum which contains specific info like this would be great.
    (Even though FreeBSD is NOT Linux ;))

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Like an earlier suggested topic, I'm still agreeing with the inclusion of a Linux forum. :)

(With additions of a possible Windows 7 and XP-TE sub-forum as mentioned.)

4. Kyle Porter

i agree totally.

I now have a ton of linux questions since i got my 2710p working right (as easy as that was).

linux is great, and i am finding a ton of solutions for tablet issues. There is just no section to put them in, so it will be muddled in with windows questions.

5. Triple_Dude

Triple_Dude Aspiring Artist

I second this idea of having a Linux sub-forum :).

6. Kyle Porter

I have a funny feeling we will be waiting forever and it wont come to fruition. Like just look at the general forum. A large amount of people wanted one, yet it still isn't here.

7. brvdboss

brvdboss Scribbler - Standard Member

If it wasn't for the forums and their loyal user base (although it does feel like people are staying away lately) this site would have been been long dead and forgotten imho.

On the front page some news items have been posted recently, but besides the new dell tablet, it's hardly tablet related.

I don't nearly visit this site as often as used to anymore either...

8. Kyle Porter

I agree. I have been saying for months that i feel like this forum is dying. If there are no tablets being released, there needs to be ways to attract more users.

Linux would definitely be a start. Sure, lifting the ban on OSX would probably attract a lot of users, but i wouldn't go as far as suggesting that either. I hate this feeling of the site dying, but it feels like there is no effort to have it saved.

9. Triple_Dude

Triple_Dude Aspiring Artist

Where ARE the admins that call the shots? Do they even read this section of the forum, and if so, why don't they at least reply? Even saying "No" is better than no answer...

10. Kyle Porter

The admins have been pretty non-existent as of late. They are the only ones that can make changes to the sites, not the mods.

Basically we are stuck in a rut until Tiffany or someone else gets back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.