Linux: create eee note back up

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by T_B, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

Good luck. From what I vaguely remember, however, the scp command on your PC initiates a corresponding scp command on the eeenote, and for that the scp file may need to go into /usr/bin. But I'm not sure.

M.

2. mp035

mp035 Underacheiver

Not so, the only thing you need on the server is the dropbear daemon running.
    SCP is a client application, it connects to the dropbear server and requests the files over an encrypted link.:D

3. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

yes, but the dropbear server initiates a scp process, for which it needs to know the location of the scp program. I would generally assume that dropbear is smart enough to find its own scp program, but maybe not.

Does it work without putting scp into /usr/bin?

4. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Well... after another attempt it still did not seem to work. I am now using an easy script to copy some information to the sd card.
    Not what I initially wanted, but at least I can get it to work.

5. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

T_B, if you are a little more specific about what you do, and how the machine responds to it, one might be able to help you with this. As mentioned earlier, it works for me. :)

6. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Muhali, I appreciate it. I reinstalled my PC last week and not really up to the task. Might try it again later and will provide all steps then. Pretty sure I am just missing one obvious step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.