links in epub reader

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by mbrening, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbrening

mbrening Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my Asus EA800 today. It is everything I wanted except for 1 thing, and I really hope someone can help me with this. I got it to read and make notes in epub textbooks. However, the links in the epub books (for footnotes, references, etc) don't work. They work great in my Kindle (after converting to Kindle format) and I just assumed the EA800 would read the epubs correctly, including the links. Is there something I'm not doing right? Or is there an update, a hack, or SOMETHING I can do to follow links & then go back to where I was reading? This is so important to me. If there's already a thread about this, I missed it. Sorry. I did look. I sure hope someone knows what to do about this. Thanks.

2. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

This became one of the main reasons why I started porting FBReader for ASUS Eee Note: (

3. mbrening

ok. Thanks. How do I get it? I tried searching this site for FBReader and got no hits. On the FBReader website there's a long list of readers. Which do I choose & how do I "port" it? Can I still take notes while reading it?

4. lroncero

lroncero Pen Pal - Newbie

Check the FBreader thread. The first post has the file. Download it, unzip it to your MicroSD card and boot the Eeenote. It will be installed automatically.

5. mbrening

I'm sorry for being so stupid. I have FBReader on my Eeenote now. But I can't get it to find any books. I have all my books under the Reader section; I changed the path to "Reader" but there are no books. How do I uninstall this program? Also, I updated the firmware & now instead of an English dictionary that works when I select a word, I have Dr. Eye (Japanese, I think). I had backed up my files, so I restored them, but it didn't restore the older firmware that worked better. I'm not good at this & am very frustrated. I should not have updated or changed anything. Any idea what I can do? Thanks for your patience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.