Link to a very detailed review of X41

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Barry J. Doyle, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Ozone

Ozone Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. ToddLarson5

ToddLarson5 Pen Pal - Newbie

I went to that link, can someone more knowlegable than me explain the benchmark rankings they've done? Why is the IBM so far down on the list is it really that bad when it comes to performance?

4. Brian

Honestly, because that part of the review is poorly done. They've compared the X41 to some of the highest end notebooks, which is just dumb. Don't get me wrong, the X41 does not bring a lot of power to the table, and you'll probably want to upgrade to 1GB RAM. It's sadled with a slow HDD though that you can't do anything about. Performance is the first thing to be sacraficed when you go to an ultra portable form factor like this. Barry will surely give you metrics to compare with other tablets that will be more relevant.

5. Ozone

Ozone Pen Pal - Newbie

Too true Brian... what I would have like to see... and maybe Barry could (pretty please!) is to compare its performance, including time out of standy, etc. against other tablets. That would tell us a whole lot more than comparing the IBM X41 tablet against some performance monster that nobody is going to lug around.

6. Crashless

Crashless Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree. I was very surprised to see it compared to 2ghz machines. It simply was not made to compete with such devices and it is unfair to place it in the same performance graph with them.

An uneducated reader would probably gloss over the results and move on. At least they make up for it with their overall rating, but the reasons they give for docking points "not left-handed friendly" seem slightly silly. I understand the point, but if that's the only reason, I don't get it.

Anyways, thanks for the link. It's nice to see some 'real' numbers on it finally.

<anxious>Hey brian, when are we going to see your review? </anxious> :)

7. Brian

Bug Barry, he's the review king on this site. He told me this week, so we'll see. He is swimming in reviews though, this, the Acer, the M4....and more on the way. ElectroVaya has promised us their new 3000 and Nokia their sort-of tablet pc.

8. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Our IBM X41 Tablet PC FULL REVIEW will be posted in T-24 hours, "relevant" benchmarks and all...

Sit tight everybody!