Light Leaking on top left Screen corner

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by gerardov, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardov

gerardov Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, first time posting, long time reader.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed on the top left corner of my screen (when in landscape mode) a yellowish tint, I am not 100% sure what it is or if it merits an RMA...

I have read / heard that is light leaking behind the panel and that is not much to worry about, but I am not sure that's what it is (see photo links below). I am not even sure if it has always been there or not, as it is not difficult to spot, especially when you have a wallpaper, it is more noticeable with light colors and doesn't seem to be very visible on dark ones (which might confirm / deny light leaking from the panel).

I went to the Microsoft store the other day just to check if there were any other slates with the same problem, and one out of three had the same issue, it actually had it in both of the top corners, and the guys there were not able to confirm what the problem was.

I bought my slate from Amazon, first batch, so can't return it to Amazon, so need to go through Asus (their support guys recommended installing new drivers, but this is clearly a hardware problem, so I did not even try it), otherwise they asked me to RMA it.

So before RMA it, would like to hear from the forum if any one has this problem or not and to check if anybody knows if this can get worse or recommends to RMA it.

Thanks all and continue enjoying your Slate, to me is one of the best PCs I have had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

sorry..hard to see your picture..need to circle them..

3. jimmy1

jimmy1 Pen Pal - Newbie

oh god no.......having returned ipads for light bleed I was hoping the EP121 was the answer but that looks like light bleed. Load up a full screen black image and crank up the brightness - go into a dark room and that should show it up for a better example.

Its starting to look like all lcds etc are gonna suffer some level of bleed *sigh. I feel for you but dont see why you cant return to Amazon, they sold you it and Id class light bleed as "faulty" so they really need to offer you a replacement. Amazon are good for this - email them. Good luck.

4. ascorbic

ascorbic Pen Pal - Newbie

I have noticed this on mine while booting up. I am thinking this is from the power status LED.

5. CerN

CerN Pen Pal - Newbie

my screen has no bleed at all.

6. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

I just scrutinized my screen for awhile and couldn't spot anything like this. Even made a pure black image and full screened it. There is just the slightest hint of a slightly lighter shade in the top corners. This is barely noticeable at full brightness, and non existant on any other brightness setting.

7. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

perfect for mine in both total dark and total white. just right click on desk top..personalize.select bacground color..select solid color..black or white..

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mine was the same and you really notice it while installing windows 7. I ignored it as it's right next to the power socket so thought, "Hmmm, bit of leak there, oh well". Nothing that bad at all.

9. furythree

furythree Pen Pal - Newbie

i have it too

10. seenick_art

seenick_art Pen Pal - Newbie

I too have this.

But its on the lower left corner of the screen. It comes and goes. ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.