Lifebook T904/T935/T936 fan replacement

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The cooling fan of my T904 started grinding against itself. I contacted Fujitsu support and they wanted me to send the device in to get the fan replaced... is there anywhere I can buy a replacement fan?

Found the part number.
    CA49600-0810

There's a different part number for a U772 fan which appears identical
    CA49600-0510

The part is also called 34038050 in the official T935 disassembly instructions so now I'm confident it's compatible.

Bought the U772 fan, I'll update with installation details once it arrives.

Installation details
    The replacement fan is identical to the original. T904's chasis opened easily, the bad fan was easy to remove, the fan connector was a bit difficult to loosen. I was afraid I'd damage the motherboard because the connector is held very tightly in its socket. Slowly pried it out, I was lucky and nothing bent or broke. Putting in the new fan was easy. Closed everything up.

The CPU at 100% load used to run at 70° Celsius, now it runs at 58° or 60°. I think the original fan must have been bad from the start.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Starlight5 likes this.
  2. Exzeß3Code

Exzeß3Code Pen Pal - Newbie

My T904 is running passive (I have disconnected the fan cable from the Motherboard connector) since i have bought it a year ago. None the less i should mention that i own the i5 4200u wich stays a bit cooler than the more high end chips available and i undervolted it from stock to -70mV on Core/Cache & Graphics through intel XTU aswell as i increased the maximum TDP for Turbo Boost to 25W (Integrated VR Efficiency is also disabled). Perfomance stayed nearly untouched while it does reach 100C in some cases when under heavy load for a long period (Playing Civ5) and it gets uncomfortable to rest your hand at the exhaust vent & at the left side of the keyboard on the device. Still its been a good tradeoff as most of the time i use it at University for getting my work done and having a silent device in the library is less annoying for you and other people that might be around ;) . My device is covered by warranty for another year but im going to enable the fan again as it expires. Furthermore you get an warning message when booting up that there is no fan installed (or the used one is broken) but one can bypass it by pressing F1 :).

kvoram and ATIVQ like this.
  3. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@ATIVQ wow, you got official T935 disassembly instructions! Could you by chance get official T734 disassembly instructions, from wherever those for T935 came from? (= It would be VERY much appreciated, please-please-please consider this. (=

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I found it on Google after searching for the part number, it must have leaked from a Fujitsu partner. The website is no longer available but Google still has cached versions of some of the pages. They had disassembly instructions for about 40 different Fujitsu laptops and tablets altogether, and a FreeDOS distribution loaded with diagnostics software for hardware and firmware.

Starlight5 likes this.
  5. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

Unfortunately, at least here in Italy, all of the links on that Google page now come up with "Service Unavailable". I'd love to get a tech manual for our two T5010.
    Ciao,
    Lenny

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@LROBBINS there are no manuals for T5010 (or T734, for that matter) in the latest cache of this website; wayback machine doesn't work for it, so no way to check if they ever were there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.