Lifebook T5010 Windows 10 Issues

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by parsec, Dec 15, 2015.

1. parsec

parsec Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello again,

So, I got my T5010 today. Installed a hard drive, did a fresh Win 7 install and went to Win 10. I tried installing the normal drivers, and nothing, I mean nothing seems to be working. I've reached a point of frustration, because I cannot get my hotkey buttons to work (something that will be very essential to my art, as in tablet mode I have no keyboard access, and I don't have the dual digitizer model. Another thing, the device does not go into tablet mode when the lid is changed. Auto rotation is a no go. I'm not sure what isn't installed correctly, as like I said, I installed everything even remotely relevant to my setup. So I'm basically at a stalemate with the thing. I suppose it's no huge deal, but I would very much like the auto rotation and hotkey functionality. (I'd like my fingerprint sensor too but Win 10 Hello refuses to let me use it.) Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    -parsec

2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I understand you correctly you went straight to Win10 without setting up Win7 with all the drivers? Might be worth a shot to verify if the hardware is ok first, by installing Win7 with the specific drivers as listed on the Fujitsu Support site.
    Hardware fault is unlikely but since you never used it before you can't know.
    Once you know that the hardware works in Win7: Since T5010 drivers are only listed up to Win7 at the Fujitsu site, take a look at the T5010 successors and which drivers are listed for those with Win10. Don't throw everything at it at once, install the drivers that you need first and check functionality before going forward. Patience you must have.
    Sometimes the order in which you install drivers can also have an effect.
    Could very well be that some things just will not work in Win10 because there might be no current drivers for certain stuff. The T5010 is good but also old.
    Next best thing to do is some research in the forums for driver problems of the T5010 and successors and how those have been solved.

3. parsec

parsec Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I say straight to Win 10. I did install drivers before hand to check things. But I figured maybe the upgrade would fix the weird issues. None of the programs would start or even show up as processes. And just yesterday morning, suddenly I flipped it into tablet mode and the orientation changed. And the tablet buttons worked as well, also the boot up password that you set up with Fujitsu tools. Even the Fujitsu Menu. Absolutely out of the blue, for no reason. Still no Mobility Menu, or any way to program my buttons/hotkeys. However, surprisingly, they work. I just can't seem to get any of the programs to work. They didn't even show up in Win7 when I installed them. And my fingerprint sensor can't be used by Windows Hello (weird since it's just a fingerprint scanner. I wonder, is omnipass compatible with Win10?). The only other issue thusfar is all windows apps and the Windows Store crash as soon as I launch them. And now that drivers work I'm reluctant to refresh. I tried various ideas on the Internet, but no dice.