Lets get HP to start provideding XP drivers

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kLAcK, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kLAcK

kLAcK Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my tx2510us downgraded to XP. Since HP doesn't provide official drivers, this has been a nightmare. It's a real shame because XP really jams on this laptop. Thanks to all on this forum for helping out, but lets not stop there!

Let your voice be heard. Send an email to HP support and demand proper drivers for XP.

Just click this link, the form has already been filled out for you!

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc... setup&month=1&year=2009&os=winxpprofessional

2. alan sh

alan sh Scribbler - Standard Member

It won't happen. Why would HP do this? Microsoft don't support XP, Windows 7 is nearly out.

Alan

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I sure hope you didn't install the regular edition of XP.

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have agree with the first responder, at this point in time XP isn't worth it on newer hardware like the tx2000.

I have a tx2z and I must say that after having XP Tablet and Vista Ultimate, and now Windows 7, Windows 7 is a much better tablet OS than the its predecessors. The new TIP is is like something out of science fiction, its simply amazing.

XP was great. But XP is dead, stick a fork in it. Windows 7 is the end of the road for XP,

5. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Not necessarily. XP is a great OS still used by many businesses for the fact that it is simple and efficient. I believe xp will hold strong right up to the point where Microsoft drops off all updates.

6. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

I have to ask, what is this ever-so popular TIP? IF it's the tablet input panel, it really isn't anything that Vista shouldn't have included:p.

7. heatlesssun

No doubt you're right about XP remaining popular for some time to come and I'm not saying that it's not still useful, but when 7 comes out XP support is going to really start to drop off. Plus it looks like 7 is going to efficient as well, maybe even better than XP in some cases as 7 is able to run on netbooks.

XP's biggest problem is simply age. It's going to be eight years old this year and its time has simply passed especially on new hardware. There's nothing really to be gained by putting XP an a machine as powerful as a tx2z.

8. heatlesssun

Yes I'm referring to the Tablet Input Panel (TIP).

Not sure exactly what you mean but I think the inking in 7 is much than even Vista and the TIP I think far superior even though 7 is only beta. You really have to try it for yourself to really see the difference.

Microsoft has put some serious effort into tablet technology and the Windows 7 TIP is just amazing. The TIP is one reason I've decided to make 7 my primary OS on my tx2z beyond the fact that it's running great as well thus far.

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Unless of course you have thousands of dollars in software that will not work correctly in Vista (CAD, video editing software, etc.), have scanners and printers that will not work with Vista, and an older version of MS Office that continues to give warnings of compatibility under Vista. Keeping Vista is an investment far beyond just the OS.

10. kLAcK

kLAcK Pen Pal - Newbie

The reason I put XP on my machine is because of one thing: Performance.

This laptop does not provide for a good Vista experience. Everything is slow.

Running on XP this laptop performs like a champ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.