Lenovo Yoga C940 15.6" (late 2019) digitizer grid density/diagonal jitter test

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compare with Cintiq 22HD:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stoneseeker, thatcomicsguy and Marty like this.
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Is it the exact same digitizer hardware gen and drivers as your Lenovo AIO? (assuming its Wacom AES 2.0?)

3. Shogmaster

Obviously the size of the panels are vastly different but I also think that the quality of the pen action felt slightly better on A940 to me? It just might be my perception though... I still have A940 (which I'm suppose to pack up and return to Lenovo for refund tomorrow) so I guess I could do the same test just to see before I take it to UPS store.

Keep in mind that the A940 is not pure AES 2.0. It has tilt disabled. C940 is fully AES 2.0 with tilt enabled. So the answer I guess is no they are not the same digitizer hardware. Neither had access to Feel driver and was relying on MS native tablet driver.

alaskajoel likes this.
  4. Shogmaster

BTW don't get too excited about the C940 15.6" being a cheaper version of X1 Extreme. Sure, it's got a 45W i7, but NO SoDIMM slots, and only one M.2 PCIe slot...

[​IMG]

alaskajoel likes this.
  5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Yeah, I looked up the specs on it and was disappointed to see the max ram and lack of upgradeability. Since I haven't really had to deal with lack of Wacom drivers in the current windows 10 environment yet, what is the situation with something like C940 in photoshop? It just lacks the robust features of wacom driver support like mapping to toggle monitor etc? Or does the pen lose basic functionality like pressure in certain legacy applications as a result?

I'm surprised to hear you are returning the A940, I thought you were really into it? Was it just a trial period you wanted it for?

6. Shogmaster

C940 interestingly enough seems to ship with a Wintab driver installed. It just doesn't have the Wacom Feel driver for it. So I was able to switch between Wintab and MS Tablet driver in Clip Studio. So just the convenience of Wacom's Feel utilities are missing but otherwise legacy apps should function fine, even with pen tilt. Speaking of tilt, the silo pen doesn't have the second emitter for it. Too thin. I had to use the Dell AES 2.0 pen to get tilt.

As for A940, I really wanted keep it. But not with mere 256GB SSD in it. Wish they didn't f that "easy" upgrade part up...

WillAdams likes this.