Lenovo Yoga Book with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

tried it out today and i kinda like it as a secondary device. will take acloser lool next week but here are a few tidbits
    - confirmed Wacom EMR 2048 levels
    - keyboard layer is always there under the top layer but barely visible unless you enable the backlight for it in the top right (single button switches between keyboard and pen input)
    - pen has exchangeable tips either stylus tip or ball pen tip. end of pen has no eraser
    - hover distance ca 12mm
    - you can put paper notepad on top of the keyboard and use the pen with paper and it simultaneously digitizes your writing
    - lenovo has a clamshell notepad that attaches magnetically on top of the keyboard so the paper notepad stays fixated
    - very low activation force. draggin the pen across the paper notepad on the keyboard without putting any real pressure on it it still is being digitized

sorry crappy internet and phone acting up more probably on monday. if u got questions, ask

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It's definitely a svelte looking thing. -Reminds me of sci-fi where the androids wear short skirts and nobody minds.

But.., after having used a "blind" digitizer for ten years, I have to kindly disagree regarding the benefits of pen-on-LCD tech.

I never managed to lose the feeling of dissociation from the artwork. Switching to a Tablet PC for the first time was like unclipping my wings, and I'll never go back to a regular tablet if I can avoid it.

This probably has something to do with having so many countless hundreds and hundreds of hours of pencil-to-paper drawing burned into my neurons. I also felt resentful the whole time, which almost certainly didn't help. :)

But those of you who can manage it.., more power to you!

3. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

kvoram, maybe you have the answers to my questions ?
    is it possible to use the stylus to draw on the screen (with pressure sensitivity) or is it limited to the 'intuos' surface ?
    can you still access some keyboard shortcuts (or at least alt/ctrl/shift) while drawing on the surface or do you need todisable the whole keyboard ?
    thanks

4. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

The pen can only be used full on the graphics tablet portion. The ballpoint tip at least should work with the display, but it will only act as a thinner implement to touch it with (no pressure sensitivity, hover, buttons, palm rejection).

5. az1787

az1787 Pen Pal - Newbie

And in your opinion is it possible with LYB to do simple fullhd video? I do it easly with my SP3 i3.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  6. az1787

az1787 Pen Pal - Newbie

What ports it has? I red only one usb, but is it to charge the LYB? Is it possible to use usb hub to charge and use a usb hard drive togheter?
    The Halo touchpad does support three fingers W10 gestures?

7. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It has an Atom Z8350, this is possible but no fun.
    It has ~35% of the speed of an I5.

8. Tor

Tor Pen Pal - Newbie

I would take direct input any day, I just find the experience on LCD digitizers feel further than the "real thing" than the blind tablets. The panel gap, the lag, the hot glassy surface.
    Looking back I expected the tech would have evolved by now to have all the hardware in the tip of the pen. Not, still, a panel behind a panel.

9. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

quick info in between.
    screen sections confirmed by lenovo using anypen technology, so emr pen can be used on screen. has only single micro-usb 2.0 and mucro-hdmi ports

WillAdams and Marty like this.
  10. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

With DuoSense 2 and AES, there is no panel behind the panel. The panel is the panel. Which means, there is no panel gap either. And the lag is due to CPU, not the digitizer or pen.