Lenovo Yoga Book with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

You can use more objects and potentially objects with finer points. That's all.

Sent from my SCL24 using Tapatalk

2. mistake the mizan

mistake the mizan Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having a hard time understanding from the articles so far whether the keyboard is "drawn in" permanenently, and merely lights up when in use, or if the keyboard is some sort of display for which the layout and/or arrangement could be dynamically adjusted. For me, the latter would be awesome, but probably unlikely. Has anyone figured this out?

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was really looking forward to an 8" windows tablet as an upgrade to my HPE8N. Why can't they shrink it down to 8" and have both Android and windows variants

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Has anyone figured this out?..>>

...Logic (and perhaps economics) would suggest that it is the former (permanently etched). But until someone comments explicitly, or until we get a much sharper picture of the keyboard panel, there's no way to really know...

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I have to agree with the overall general consensus of....."Why"
    And given the now older Atom guts....its priced too high for what is essentially a gimmick device. The only people I can see really wanting such a device are those who prefer the disconnect of Intuos styled tablets over actually drawing on screen. However as Shog put it, a Laptop & Intuos is probably still a better combo given how low the specs are. At most putting it all into a single device is an interesting concept....but it doesn't go much further then that.

6. az1787

az1787 Pen Pal - Newbie

What ports it has? From vedeos I saw micro hdmi, usb 3, jack audio. Charging? With the only one usb 3?

7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I think I'm the only one who thinks this device is cool. Maybe a bit overpriced for the specs it has, but I'm actually considering buying this as a present for my wife since she likes a netbook size device.

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does she draw or ink? That keyless keyboard might be challenging for everyday use. And it just seems odd to go back to Intuos style sketching when direct drawing can be had for the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Sometimes, just doodling. I find more interesting for her the traditional laptop and tablet side of it.
    But let's be honest: I would buy it because it's pretty darn cool. :)

10. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The biggest reason I am pooping on this thing is because you are back to drawing while looking away from your hand. If they think 1999 was great for digital artists, they need a smack in the face.

The whole point is to draw directly on the screen, otherwise YOU CAN ADD $50 MONOPRICE TABLETS TO YOUR LAPTOP AND NOT GIVE UP REAL KEYBOARDS!!!!

Starlight5, gcoupe and Tams like this.