Lenovo Yoga Book with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Kumaiko

Kumaiko Pen Pal - Newbie

I know it's been 2 years since the last comment but let me share my thoughts. I bought it after delving in Youtube videos and read articles and reviews. I don't have a big budget so this is all I can get to replace my dying, thick, and old laptop. (Later on, I found out about Samsung Galaxy Book and a part of me regretted that somehow, despite me delving deep, I didn't find the laptop before I bought Lenovo Yoga Book...to be fair, I think it's still even more hidden. But anyway...)
    This is my comment from around 10 months ago in a certain review video, and it doesn't change much:
    And now that it's been almost 1 year since I'm using it as my daily driver (kind of), I have more things to add:
    * I really like how cold the keyboard feels (laughs).
    * It's really small, thin, and light. Of course.
    * Still good battery life.
    * It fell down once (whoops) not too big high, but still worrying. Fortunately, no damage.
    * I use Clip Studio Paint to draw here (and in PC) and it's been very great. It's responsive even when the file has plenty of layers and/or in A4 size.
    * It does get hot when I use the digitizer for extended period of time, but that's mostly when I have the battery saver on (saving battery more than performance). It's better to let it rest for a while if it gets hot to cool it down.
    * The screen "flickers" in brightness sometimes even though I turned off that option...
    * The thing that lags the laptop for me is, surprisingly, when I accidentally deleted many pictures from my Google Drive and recovered them from Recycle Bin (even then, I was already being careful and recovered the images little by little). The screen went blank once, but it was on, so I had to force restart it (and thankfully it's still okay). It's slow at processing the restored images.
    * Other than the point above, the overall experience is still smooth for what I do, such as typing down assignments.

Addition: I do like the feel of mechanical keyboard and how it sounds, but I do need to type quietly most of the time so the halo keyboard works for me.

2. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am glad that you find your current workflow acceptable. But in the future try to interact in this forum to gather as much information before making the final purchase. Not just you, but all of us tend to miss things when we are researching alone. We can all benefit from others' wisdom.

hiramkey likes this.
  3. Kumaiko

Kumaiko Pen Pal - Newbie

Of course, I understand. I didn't find this forum before purchasing however, even though I had been searching for alternatives for quite some time (many, many months, and I somehow didn't find this)...by the time I stumbled upon this forum, it was a bit too late...I've been lurking around for a while before I made an account and post, at least. So of course, I'll make sure to gather even more information before I buy anything else.

siddhartth likes this.