Lenovo Yoga Book with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

With the current deal of $394 with the case for the Windows version I had to get one.

2. Rob Halligan

Rob Halligan Pen Pal - Newbie

I googled "Lenovo Yoga Book $394". That came up with some sites linking to a Barnes and Noble Gold account deal. It may have been extended to the 4th. Is that the deal to which you refer? Thanks.

3. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes. BN Gold is free sign up.

Rob Halligan likes this.
  4. inging

inging Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried asking this at the Lenovo forum without much luck. Let's see if anyone here has the same problem I do with the Yoga Book (windows).

I had to write noticeably harder at the upper left corner of the writing pad (opposite corner of the pen activation button), or it would come up blank like it does in the photo I attached.

It's not a huge deal, but it is inconvenient when I draw. I'm wondering if all units are like this, like there's a piece inside the tablet that's just in the way of the pen recognition. If it's a inherit design flaw, I won't bother asking Lenovo about it. Mainly cause I've had my fair share of getting something back from support that's worse than my original unit.

Anyone here experience this or got an exchange because of this that actually fixed this problem?

pressure-problem-corner-yoga-book.PNG

5. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi

Can you use any wacom emr pen to draw, or is an aes pen?.

6. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Did anyone hear anymore news about the upcoming 12" Yoga Book? Kind of surprised there wasn't more fanfare considering the publicity surrounding the first version.

A few product shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheaper and slightly lower specs on the base model, but they shrunk the bezels (thank the tablet gods) and kept the Atom X5:

• $300 (down from $500)
    • 1280 x 800 pixel resolution (down from 1080P)
    • 2 GB of RAM (down from 4GB)
    • 32 GB of storage (down from 64GB)
    • Intel Atom x5 Cherry Trail
    • USB 3.0 Type C port
    • USB 2.0 port
    • WiFi 802.11n w/Buetooth 4.1
    • 2.2 lb and 0.43" thick
    • "Wacom panel"
    I'm going to pray that 'Wacom panel' spec means the display is EMR enabled too...my dreams :vbrolleyes:

thatcomicsguy, WillAdams and JoeS like this.
  7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

So, this just has a touch keyboard, right? I've never had to use something like that as my daily computer. How is typing on that?
    Also, what do you do if you want to use the keyboard but are using the pen? For commands and such? Do you lift your pen and then the keyboard becomes functional? Or do you flip some sort of switch? Just imagining a bit what this would be like to use...

The idea of having a real Wacom digitizer in the laptop does sounds nice. Though a real selling point would be an Intuous-style one. Still, it's a neat idea. It must serve a certain market.

8. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Well I had the Yoga Book and did a factory reset and it completely messed up and know Windows is in a boot loop. So need to send it for Lenovo to reimage.

I love the device, I prefer drawing with my Intuous than my Cintiq, so I like the drawing pad. However, its so underpowered its just not great except for light consumption and sketching. The touchpad is shocking as well, might as well use touch on the screen instead. Ideally I would love a bigger version like the new 12.2 but for Windows with better cpu like a mobile m, and also have the screen be emr as well so when I do inking.

bloodycape and WillAdams like this.
  9. rabilancia

rabilancia Pen Pal - Newbie

I picked one up (Android version) last week for $374 my local Walmart store. The $374 seems to be a closeout price at most if not all of the Walmart stores in Colorado. I am quite happy with my purchase--it seems to fit my needs nicely. I was pleased to learn by trial and error that the stylus for my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 works nicely with the Yoga Book digitizer allowing me to keep the ink insert in the Yoga Book pen and allow me to use just the Note 5 stylus when I need to.

WillAdams likes this.
  10. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you make a compare with Cube Mix Plus
    I already have gadgets in my signature. If I am to buy a tablet then which of them to choose?

WillAdams likes this.