Lenovo Yoga Book with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Aug 31, 2016.

1. HdNote8

HdNote8 creative technical writing

much as im a fan of huge mechanical buckling-spring keyboards, qwerkywriters and the like i spent 15 minutes with one of these this evening ... liked it, very cool, would probably have one, at a push ...

WillAdams likes this.
  2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Man...if they put all that in, that would really be a Surface-killer!

As much as I am looking forward to the next version, I'm glad that the initial device was well-executed, for what it is.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. galmpan

galmpan Pen Pal - Newbie

When I started using it it was perfectly digitized my notes. But now it is impossible to keep notes
    as it recognizes the pen from a longer hover distance and the note fills with junk.
    i don`t know how to calibrate it so as to improve note taking.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Try pulling the pen nib, cleaning it and the pen and reinstalling.

5. Ruby Sheffer

Ruby Sheffer Pen Pal - Newbie

Got it! Love it! Will explain at length in another post.

kvoram likes this.
  6. Ruby Sheffer

It is really well executed indeed. I got mine as a Note 10.1 2014 replacement. Paired with a bamboo Spark. It is so much better than that. Love the digitizer and I'm amused that the spark pen is compatible so now I have a silver pen for ink and a black pen for the digitizer no confusion. On top of that the black Pen stylus is also compatible with my Note 4 phone. Life is good.

Quistnix and WillAdams like this.
  7. Ruby Sheffer

Actually, it's working pretty well for me. I solved The one drawback that had me climbing the walls for about 3 days. When I got it, it had no ink to text. This is the Android version. Seems a major oversight for a device whose signature function is capturing writing.
    While searching all the forums and app stores, trying various fixes, and debating whether or not to send it back I stumbled across metamoji note and Mazec 3. Took a couple tries to get them installed right but they work beautifully. The screen lines up almost perfectly with the pad on the digitizer. When I'm done writing and want to convert the writing to text, the conversion process works really well... quite smooth and accurate. I wonder how many people are giving up their devices because they can't do this?How could Lenovo be so stupid?

kvoram likes this.
  8. Ruby Sheffer

On the Android version It's lit up and completely invisible when using it as a pen surface. I hear it's different on Windows but mine is Android.

9. Ruby Sheffer

I can sympathize. I enjoy it but it's not my 'go-to' device for drawing. I got it primarily for capturing, digitizing, and 'ink to text' conversion of my notes. My go-to device for drawing is my Z canvas. That said, I do draw on it occasionally and it's not too bad. But then I'm no artist just a doodler.

10. Ruby Sheffer

I did. After finding ink to text software.