Lenovo Yoga Book with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Aug 31, 2016.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Fresh new release from Lenovo at IFA 2016
    http://mspoweruser.com/lenovo-announces-revolutionary-yoga-book/

The Yoga Book comes with a flat keyboard that can also be used as a writing surface. The keyboard surface is pressure sensitive. Users can write on a regular sheet of paper keeping it on top of the keyboard surface to create a virtual version of since it the surface is pressure sensitive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is powered by Intel Atom x5 processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a 10.1-inch FHD display, weighing in at 1.52 pounds and measuring 9.6mm thick. It comes with a Wacom stylus that doesn’t need charging. It offers 15 hours of battery life and it starts at $549.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

WillAdams, Marty and JoeS like this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Cool device, I like that they're thinking outside the box. That said, I can think of literally nothing that I would need this for.

Edit: this picture from the Lenovo IFA keynote seems appropriate: :D

upload_2016-8-31_14-32-49.png

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    nnthemperor and Azzart like this.
  3. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

If we limited ourselves to the devices we needed, we would still be drawing on cave walls with charcoal. ;)

kvoram and DRTigerlilly like this.
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

A bit disappointing they went with the X5 vs the X7 and didn't try to go for proper SSD, but it looks interesting.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The thing I'm very curious about is the pen's interaction with the display. According to this blog post http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/yoga-book-the-first-tablet-for-natural-sketching-and-note-taking/ Lenovo used AnyPen technology to make the pen compatible, but doesn't that just mean the display is capacitive and not Wacom? I remember when Lenovo first announced AnyPen back in January, 2015, but I don't recall encountering it on any real world product. I think we all chuckled at the time because they showed someone writing with scissors or something.

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This looks retarded:
    - You write on the bottom screen blind according to the Verge video. That's beyond retarded. If I wanted to write or draw blind, I would just attach a $80 Intuos tablet to any decent laptop.
    - To compensate for writing blind, they give you that sh*tty paper mirroring thing that Wacom couldn't get traction on for the last 10 years. F me...
    - Atom? Get bent.
    - 10.1" screen cuz Dr. Seuss? Get double bent.
    - Probably stuck with eMMC. Get triple bent.
    - The only way to use in Book orientation is using the paper mirror function so far. Even Courier prototype allowed for dual screen functionality. This thing looks like the only thing the bottom part can display is the keyboard. They should have gone with dual 10.1" IPS instead of cheaping out and doing whatever this nonsense is.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tell us how you really feel, @Shogmaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeS likes this.
  9. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

My first draft was A LOT harsher. ;)

Starlight5 and Bronsky like this.
  10. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, after they teased that keyboard a few weeks ago I am just happy that they didn't put a capacitive keyboard on a high-end device. That would have me worried for the future.

I also think it's an odd device. I wouldn't mind something that captures and digitizes sketches on paper accurately and immediately, but why marry that to a mediocre 2-in-1?
    So far plenty of companies gave paper-digitization a try, but no device has ever convinced me.