Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

1. KinSlay

KinSlay Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,
    How is the AES digitizer on this model compared to the EMR digitizer on the thinkpad yoga s240?

2. TechnoBear

TechnoBear Pen Pal - Newbie

Heya! Can you please confirm if the Bamboo Smart for Select Tablets and 2in1 (Part number: CS-320A/K0-CX) is compatible with the Lenovo Yoga 720 15 inch? Thanks a bunch!

3. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

EMR is the best and most convenient. no battery needed in the stylus.

5. iLLUSION

iLLUSION Pen Pal - Newbie

Folks I need some help, I recently noticed quite a wide gap between the screen and the back lid on the top of the screen near the camera. In fact when my screen is at a 45 degree angle it is as if that area seems to be hanging and I can clearly see a bit of the circuitry inside. Has anybody else seen this ? This looks more like a build quality issue to me :( !

6. c0mpmast4

c0mpmast4 Pen Pal - Newbie

I know it's been asked before but through this whole thread and everything I've found on other reviews and reddit, etc, I've seen conflicting reports.

Can anyone say just how much of a battery life hit the Yoga 720 with the 4k screen gets? Can people who've had the laptop for a while report on what they get on an average day?

I actually don't really care about the 4k screen either way, but the 4k model is $300 more than the 1080p and it comes with a 1tb ssd and 16gb ram instead of the 1080p's 256gb ssd and 8gb ram, plus the 4k comes with a pen.

I would definitely upgrade the ssd and ram on the 1080p model so chances are I'll end up spending that $300 on upgrades anyway so it really comes down to whether the drop in battery life from the 4k screen is really significant.

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Yoga 730 15 now available at Best Buy. Priced $850 for the mid-range model: FHD - i5-8250U CPU - 8GB RAM - Intel 620 graphics - 256GB SSD - Active Pen 2.

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

How is the Active pen 2 compared to the first gen? Is there a noticeable difference? Does anyone have links to something like a comparison video? I have the first gen, on the Thinkpad 14, and it’s...ok.

Has the digitizer changed in the newer laptops too? Or is it just the pen tech?

9. jRocket

jRocket Pen Pal - Newbie

Will Lenovo be updating this model with 8th gen h-series?

10. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope, only U.