Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

For the pressure curve you could try using Lazy Nezumi along with Photoshop to have more control over the the pressure response.
    Not the best solution but at least you will have more control.

2. Reapin WOmbat

Reapin WOmbat Pen Pal - Newbie

I just tried Lazi Nezumi and it is great! Being able to adjust the response curve is awesome. I wonder if Wacom has specifically left this out of the yoga 2 because they really DON'T want this to compete with their own displays or tablets.

Starlight5, Azzart and ATIVQ like this.
  3. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have the black line issue, but I have noticed if I put my mouse cursor at the very top left on a bright background, I can see the entire cursor until I start to move right, at which point it loses a few pixels off the top. Doesn't mean anything now, but hopefully doesn't get any worse.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

That's definitely the black line issue, you should get that fixed before your warranty expires.

5. thundercracker

I might wait until the last month then, not sure if they've even corrected the issue in their manufacturing yet.

6. thundercracker

Is the Bamboo Ink still the one to get for this machine, or has anything new/better come along? Any chance of getting tilt in the future?

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Since all Wacom AES digitizers support multitouch, and AES-style tilt is implemented with side-emitters, there's no reason tilt can't be implemented with a firmware upgrade. Whether Wacom implements it or not (emphasis on the NOT) is up to them. Considering how all their EMR digitizers in the recent decades supported tilt but they never enabled it, I'd say NOT.

thundercracker likes this.
  8. thundercracker

I just got the Bamboo Ink, this is actually my first pen enabled PC... Just wondering what driver(s) do I install? I checked the wacom.com/inkgo site the box recommended, but the Yoga 720 isn't mentioned in the compatible devices.

I tried it in Krita and pressure sensitivity and everything works, albeit a bit laggy.

edit: Downloaded the wacom feel drivers and I think that's all I need. All the programs are still somewhat laggy though, is there anything that's as smooth to use as windows ink workspace? that's quite a nice app, though limited.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

ArtRage 4.5 and 5 have the best pen responsiveness as far as I can tell. 5 has interface scaling issues so I still use 4.5, but I only use it to doodle.

Still waiting for that GPU-accelerated pen input from Intel.

10. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

I think there were some changes in Krita 3.3.0 Settings > Config > Display > Canvas Graphics Acceleration & Renderer which may help? Check the change logs for the last couple of updates for more details.

You could also try these GIMP builds here http://partha.com/ I have been using "GIMP 2.9.6 64-bit Standard Edition portable" and it's been pretty good so far for me, on a Notebook 9 Pro i7-7500U and AMD 540 gpu.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017