Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Pogibaer

Pogibaer Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear torq,
    you are not loosing your mind. The reason might be problems with the 4k Screen as described in this post: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-Display-Issue/td-p/3711026 . Lenovo ist working on a solution. It Looks like the problem is hardware based.

Greetings,
    Pogi

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have to break down and buy a compatible Type C hub ASAP. Recommendations?

Apologies if the topic has already been discussed in this thread but search's limitations have let me down here. Hub is too short. C is in every post and Type is somewhere in between.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ Vā…Oā…„ Senior Member

There are so many...Anker is probably the only name-brand. If you search Amazon for "Ethernet HDMI SD" you get USB C mini-docks in all shapes and sizes. I like the wedge form factor with all the connectors on the same side.

4. surfaceproartist

Ordered one from HooToo because I could get delivered today. Hope it works.

How is this dongled future a positive development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jyra

jyra Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had my Yoga 720 13 for about a week now and I am quite happy with the device. I was worried about the fan being too loud, but after finishing all the updates and some undervolting it's completely silent during light use.

I plan do a lot of note taking. Is there a AES stylus that's not quite as clicky (noise of the tip moving up and down)? I tried the Wacom Bamboo Ink with different tips and it's a bit too noisy for my liking. Fewer pressure levels or lack of a bluetooth button wouldn't bother me.

6. torq

torq Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, that is bad news. I almost bought the 4K version from Best Buy today as its on sale, but this may be the reason why... Damn, need the laptop pretty badly right now.

7. surfaceproartist

Once again the tech gods have smiled down upon me and my Yoga purchased at Best Buy does not have this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't have the issue either and it's been about a month from Best Buy, knock on wood.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  9. Azorean

Azorean Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone! I'm researching the best laptops, not to much expensive, to art and 2D animation, for a couple of weeks by now. End up finding the 15" 2in1 convertibles with pressure sensitivity, and stop there.

The Lenovo Yoga 720 seems to be the best solution at the moment. Good specs and good price.

Im interested in the lower models, but want to know if all the models are pressure sensitive with windows Ink.

The 80X7001TUS and 80X7001UUS have both Windows Ink?

Sorry for my English (Im from Portugal), and thanks for all the good replies and useful threads. I loved the epic saga of Dell Inspiron 7568! :D