Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

1. NVKnivek

NVKnivek Pen Pal - Newbie

Where did you buy it?

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

As in, they just stuck an 8gb sodimm in the free slot for you? That makes sense, although that would mean that the language in the listings is not quite consistent. Which isn't that surprising.

Still no proof either way whether 32gb of ram is possible.

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Out of curiosity- I've tried out the battery powered AES pen on my Thinkpad Yoga 14 and it was only ok at best. Is that what you mean by the Acrive Pen?? The silo pen is FAR FAR better/ though I still prefer EMR for heavy inking, 100%. How does the Bamboo Ink compare to the siloed super capacitor pen?

My battery powered AES pen just gathers dust.

Starlight5 likes this.
  5. surfaceproartist

The silo pen is active (powered) as well, as it charges while stored. I agree that the first generation Active Pen is disappointing. I haven't noticed too much of a difference between it and the stick, but it may have to do with its tip. The Active Pen 2 just went on sale in the US and has greater pressure levels, but it still has a very shallow tip and squeaks as you use it. The Ink is significantly better than the siloed pen because it has lower IAF and more pressure levels (and doesn't feel like a toothpick).

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

@surfaceproartist will the Ink's improved features work to their full extent on previous-gen devices like TPY 260 & 460?

7. surfaceproartist

No, it's difficult to tell for sure, but I think you only get 2048 pressure levels. But IAF is lower and overall the pen just "feels" better than the older Lenovo pens.

8. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

What do you guys use to transport yours? Sleeve, bag?

The official sleeve looks dopey and is $50, not really seeing any others on the market.

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Any 15.6" laptop sleeve or bag will do.

I use this one but it's extremely bulky by "sleeve" standards. On the other hand it fits EVERYTHING: wallet, phone, pencils, Wacom pens, paper documents, Bluetooth keyboard, USB 3 dongles, SD cards, power brick, and laptop. This is the thin version, if you want just a computer and power brick bag.

10. NVKnivek

NVKnivek Pen Pal - Newbie

haven`t bought one yet as in italy the underpowered version they sells "sucks"for the too high pricing...
    Am trying to get one from canada (i`ve relatives and would be much better tom resend it) or the states as soon as I understand how to overcome the payment impedment I`m facing on lenovo sites with foreign credit cards. I found out an online rechargeable prepaid debit card service to overcame such obstacle called "USunlock" for USA purchases available to foreigners which even let you to have an USA paypal account too, but, due to strich money laundering laws, from what I have understood, it will take weeks to them to release the card. Plus I still have to contact the lenovo chat support to find out if they accept those prepaid cards, but after I`ve chatted with them the 1st and only time they have made the service available only to USA and Canada IP addresses -.-'. So tomorrow I`ll set a VPN as I`ve been lazy and busy past days and will find out. Hoping that at the end of the story they will not block the freigh forwarder address (MYUS.com I have discovered has agreement with lenovo not to accept and block forwardings -.-` but shipito.com as no agreements ). Overall is a nasty pain in the ass to resolve...
    I`ll definetly share a guide and my experience once I overcome everything in case someone will need an help ;-).
    And if it will not been sort out yet I`ll update you about the 16 gb as I opted for a model with the description "16GB onboard" and not 8+8 like some others.
    ps.: if anyone has any tips is absolutely welcome! ....`m looking for him/her !...;-)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Starlight5 likes this.