Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah yes that seemed to be the culprit. Thanks!

2. thundercracker

Maybe it's my eyes but I feel like it still might be "stepping" imperceptibly, while plugged in, even when set to maximum performance. I only sort of notice when going from something very dark to something very bright.

That might have been what was throwing off my calibration, I recently redid it with 'white point drift' turned on in displaycal and got better results.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  3. Wesley van Barneveld

Wesley van Barneveld Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks all for your smart-pen advice and thoughts! much appreciated

4. Vaga

Vaga Scribbler - Standard Member

Can someone give me a proper measurement of the color gamut? I'm coming from an XPS12 4K which has a pretty awesome color space coverage. It's a great IGZO screen. Looking to switch because the convertible has been wholly unreliable with port failures, SSD failures, bad drivers, etc.

Am looking at this and XPS 15. 15 mainly because of the screen (I edit lots of photos and videos), but a little wary of buying another Dell.

ATIVQ likes this.
  5. Wesley van Barneveld

Wesley van Barneveld Pen Pal - Newbie

have you read the notebookcheck review?
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-720-15IKB-7700HQ-FHD-GTX-1050-Laptop-Review.227572.0.html

they have done some color measurements about halfway down.

6. yuriylsh

yuriylsh Pen Pal - Newbie

I did calibration with Spyder 4 Pro (which made a huge difference compared to the default colors), it reported 96% sRGB, 71% NTSC, 74% AdobeRGB coverage at the end.

Vaga likes this.
  7. FloydGuy

FloydGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my Yoga 720,15" 4K display from BestBuy 5 days ago and I ALREADY see a Black Line on the top of my screen on the right hand side! Its not a software issue--my snipping tool is unable to capture a photo of it in the screenshot--I also dont see it when in BIOS.

Apparantly others have had the same issue as well..I am pretty bummed out...had just got it from BestBuy and within a week, this happened.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-Display-Issue/td-p/3711026

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lenovo/comments/6i509g/yoga_720_screen_suddenly_has_black_line_across/

I think I will return it..loved the laptop so far, but with this issue..what if it spreads in future? And its def a Hardware issue, not Software..nothing that can be solved with an over the air update.

Anyone else experience this too?

8. thundercracker

As someone who's never owned a laptop with a GPU before, can someone tell me why it seems to go on and off?

Both Blender and a game I tried, The Witness, have told me I don't have a proper display adapter. Usually a restart fixes it. Yet in blender when I rotate a model quickly, there is some excessive tearing/weird modulation going on. But it doesn't always happen, sometimes i'll start the program up and it's fine. I downloaded the optional VGA driver from the lenovo update thing, and that didn't seem to help.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  9. RBurgundy

RBurgundy Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my EU Lenovo Yoga 720-15 and I love it!

My specs:
    i7-7700HQ
    4K-UHD
    1050 4GB
    16 GB Ram (upgraded to 24GB)
    500 GB Intel 600 (upgraded to 1TB Intel 600)
    Lenovo Active Pen 2
    2.018€ with the upgrades

No issues with screen waiting on my Spyder 5 for a color calibration.

NVKnivek, Pogibaer and ATIVQ like this.
  10. Vaga

Vaga Scribbler - Standard Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.