Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLLUSION

iLLUSION Pen Pal - Newbie

Seeing some responses here I have decided to upgrade my warranty to 3 years by paying $100 extra. I have some BLB on my display as well but it's not that bad and I would like to keep it .

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. mtqpham

mtqpham Pen Pal - Newbie

The price on the Best Buy model went up to $1,499. Does this mean the GPU is 4gb? not in the states to go check right now.

3. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm set to get a replacement from Lenovo for that screen bleed. Strange though that the CSR told me I could hold on to this one until the new one came, as long as I shipped it out within like 30 days. But this morning my RMA email came saying "Returns must be received at the Lenovo National Return Center within 10 days of obtaining the RMA." So not sure what to make of that.

I doubt it, seems like they just made that $100 savings apply to college students and raised the price on everyone else.

4. iLLUSION

The launch price was always $1500 for which the Short Term Promotion was for $1250.

Is anybody facing problems with their Wifi Card ? For some reason after I resume from sleep/hibernate it connects to the Router but it says 'No Internet' with a Yellow Exclamation mark. I have to restart my computer to get it to work. Tried updating drivers but no joy.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  5. mtqpham

mtqpham Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like i missed out. Hopefully it goes on sale again or the 4gb version comes out when i come home from abroad.

6. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Have had the same Wifi issue, but mine doesn't reoccur consistently. Seems to happen every 3rd resume and resetting the adapter always cures it. A nuisance nonetheless.

My fans have also been spinning with increasing regularity and have noticed some performance stutters when the fans escalate. Strangely, it doesn't correspond with demand on system resources, seems to be random.

7. iLLUSION

Correct it does not happen always and is exactly like what you said . For the fans did you try the Thermal Paste fix ? For me I sometimes feel I can hear the fans but again I was little close to the vents at that time

8. southdunes

Haven't, would rather return than go an invasive route. But appreciate the tip nonetheless. The fans have typically been quiet enough for me and I push the laptop routinely. Typical use case is docked to a widescreen Dell U3417 as a desktop replacement. To clarify, the fan activity I mentioned prior is 100% at only average use of system resources. May be as simple as the laptop pushing back on the docking setup, but it hadn't until now and ironically my new SPv5 is performing just as well without use of the fans.

9. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

Someone on youtube said the fans are more sensible after updating the BIOS, if you haven't already done so.

10. southdunes

Clean install out of the box, BIOS was the first update. Appreciate the input though.