Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Ha ha. I wouldn't say we hang out. -But in the past when I did a lot more convention circuit travel, the couple of times we were in the same room, we would make a point of cutting through the static to sit next to each other at dinners and such. Dave is one of my favorite creatives. He's very open and for somebody with so much in his mind, he knows how to listen -and be affected by what he hears- like a champ. I think that's the mark of a true creative.

Getting excited about the digital arts gave me a tremendous burst of new energy to ride on. -After having solved many of the problems inherent with traditional comics making, I found myself getting bored with the process. -You'd think that having all the answers is an amazing stage to be at; you can write and draw at a very high level, but I found the opposite to be true; having problems to solve, vast uncertainties, gave me a lot of motivation. It's true what they say; It's the journey, not the destination.

Part of me secretly hopes that the digital world will not be completely solved for a while yet -even as I push and strive and angst for tools that work properly.

2. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

CIUVAK and southdunes like this.
  3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have zero willpower...

chucklepunch and Azzart like this.
  4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I told myself I'll pass on this device (because of the half-speed Thunderbolt 3) but I just might get it if it gets a 4K model without the dGPU.

5. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

This device never ship to my country, also never found in my territory from Eurasia to Persian Gulf to Asia

6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The $1400 version at Best Buy has an NVidia GTX 1050.

7. Hassassin

Hassassin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, has someone been able to charge it via de USB-C port? I'm currently using a 60W charger and it doesn't work :(

8. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

BB site doesn't show any locations with display models yet... Listing must be too new.

9. CIUVAK

CIUVAK Pen Pal - Newbie

The 15" version will not charge its internal battery through the USB-C port. It doesn't have that feature implemented by Lenovo.

10. BigDragon

BigDragon Pen Pal - Newbie

The $1400 model appears to be the same as Lenovo's $1500 model. Is that what everyone else is seeing, or am I overlooking something?

I'm curious to see how much VRAM the BestBuy model has. They don't list it. I'd like to confirm that it is another 2GB model. If it's the 4GB VRAM model then I'm buying it today. Still waiting for that 4G 1050 that is on the parts list, found internationally, but so far not for sale in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.