Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Celpacius

Celpacius Pen Pal - Newbie

do you mean the overall performance of the laptop isn't so good? or just running Adobe CC? thanks for the feedback again

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I really expected to be crowning a new speed champion but it's just ok according to the synthetic benchmarks I've run. I've also had driver issues and problems with Edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, the processor alone shouldn't be lower than 4770HQ though. I don't know about Z Canvas's score but 4770HQ (only 1 sample) scores lower than 7700HQ (8 samples)

I think Lenovo needs to release some patch and stuffs, XPS vs Yoga on Fire Strike, both with strikingly similar spec gtx1050-7700HQ, benchmark alone differs almost 8% (5524 vs 5125). Here's the quote who compared it but didn't post the xps result

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Any chance of a quick drawing video? That's what everybody wants to see. (It'd add a ton of views to your site. Just sayin. :) )

Also.., how does it compare to the Dell 7568 in terms of CSP-ability? Is it the same digitizer hardware or something slightly updated?

Celpacius likes this.
  5. surfaceproartist

No promises about a drawing video. I don't even have a tripod mount so the best I can do is hold the phone and try to keep the work framed as I draw. It's damn near impossible!

Anyway what I can say is that the drawing experience is vastly superior to the Dell 7568. Remember how much you had to concentrate on making consistent strokes on the Dell? There's a lot less jitter now, requiring much less smoothing.

I'm really worried about the loss of responsiveness in Edge. Haven't seen that on any device before. I need to try to work for an extended period to see if the problem occurs in other software.

ATIVQ and thatcomicsguy like this.
  6. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

Get an action camera (something cheap like xiaomi yi) with the head mounting :p or to get less funny looking, a body mount

7. surfaceproartist

You guys are very good at making demands and spending my cash! ;-)

8. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Definitely! Was just passing by, yet also found myself browsing for that camera - while I don't need it all, tbh. (=

surfaceproartist likes this.
  9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Amazingly, the Yoga 720 15 is on par with the Vaio Z Canvas in Geekbench benchmarks, mostly because the Yoga has slower RAM. Unbelievable. Hmm. I might wait a bit longer before I upgrade.

Good to hear about the inking though, that means Wacom AES 2nd-gen is good enough for me.

10. surfaceproartist

I thought those numbers looked familiar. The Yoga 720 figures are my results!