Lenovo Yoga 720 - 15.6" Convertible with Active Pen, GeForce 1050 and Quad-Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just saw that L.A. area Best Buys will have the 720 15 selling for $1k starting April 6.

[EDIT] Just realized that the Best Buy model only has integrated graphics.

Also, the Lenovo.com listing no longer mentions the Active Pen 2. Anyone hear any news about further delays from Wacom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  2. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

Now someone just gotta smuggle them hwinfo software and see the TB pcie lane info. Fingers crossed that Lenovo isn't being lazy and got the x4 lanes correctly on iGPU model.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

It's on their website too! If this were the UHD model with no dGPU I'd snatch it up.

The upgrade seems to be purely in the digitizer: 1st-gen AES pens support the newer spec. So, as everybody's suspected since forever, the levels of pressure are interpolated, and there's likely not any difference between one, two, four, or eight thousand. What really matters is the minimum gram-force for inking, the pressure curve, the response time, and most importantly the accuracy. Those are things people can very easily feel when using the pen.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. thundercracker

thundercracker Pen Pal - Newbie

I take it no one has yet ordered the 4k? We're all waiting for someone else to test it? :cool:

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

As much as I'm excited about this product, I'm not going to be a beta-tester. After some website (preferably notebookcheck.net) runs a thorough review and gives the all-clear, I'll buy it.

6. thundercracker

PSA, that best buy model does have the 1050 according to a reviewer. He says it was a misprint. You decide.

7. surfaceproartist

Yup, that's why I edited my post above to say the Best Buy 720 only offers integrated graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. thundercracker

I'm saying it DOES have the gtx 1050 on the $999 model. There's a single review, and in the comments he replies to someone asking about it:

"To answer the above question, this model DOES have a GTX 1050 which makes this a very capable machine for this price. The description is wrong. Model is 80X7001WUS which on lenovo's website matches the one with a GTX 1050 exactly :)"

I might check it out later and confirm, they have this model at a BB near me.

9. surfaceproartist

Hmm. Sorry I typed my response so quickly! I'll have to check it out myself.

10. surfaceproartist

Best Buy didn't have the "college edition" 720 on display so I took a chance and brought it home sight unseen. Unfortunately, despite the comment from that website user, it DOES NOT have a discrete graphics card. It only has Intel HD Graphics 630. I'm very bummed.

thundercracker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.