Lenovo X61 Tablet

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by illmatic, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illmatic

illmatic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I am a Canadian resident who will be attending university in the fall. I would like to purchase the X61 tablet as i believe it will be very beneficial and efficient for school purposes.

I am looking for a good deal I can purchase this laptop, from a Canadian site or retailer that is cheaper than visaperks.ca.
    Also, with a tablet pc, are you able to type and write with the pen in the same document, and how easy is this?

How much better is the SXGA+ screen than the normal TFT screen

Thank You.

2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

Try to do a price search on pricegrabber.com or froogle.

NCIX is a good Canadian site as well.

3. Darak

Darak <This space for rent PST>

You can type/write in any program that has a handwriting feature included. This includes the entire Microsoft Office Suite, and you can do so interchangably. If you want to type and handwrite at the exact same time(don't know why, but hey maybe you have uber micro), you would have to use an external keyboard since the screen is folded over the laptop's keyboard in tablet mode.

4. smurfonarocket

smurfonarocket Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think you will get much cheaper the visaperks.ca, because even off the EPP Canada website I only received another $100 in discount over the same model on visaperks. I have had mine for almost 3 weeks now so i don't know if shipping is also quicker for EPP, i might just be blowing smoke here

Yes you can write and type at the same time but its not the most convenient, plus the text recognition is pretty good even out of the box

I like the extra desktop space, so its all a matter of if you want to spend the extra $100 for the screen

I found NCIX is super competitive for computer parts, but not when it comes to laptops. Plus looking on their website i don't think they carry X61t's

5. Builderman

Builderman Pen Pal - Newbie

Once you train the handwriting recognizer it easily deciphers even the most illegible writing. Personally, I think it would be easiest to write everything and then convert stuff to text. For example, if I were taking notes interspersed with diagrams (an economics class for example) I would write everything and convert the parts I wanted as text later.

6. requinox

requinox Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd like to spend $100 for for screen, but how do i actually do it? On the visaperk portal, it says you can upgrade the 54U model to sxga+ for $100, but looking at the product specs it only lists bluetooth under the wireless. How can this be an "upgrade" if it's missing something? I'm confused by this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.