Lenovo X60 Tablet 25% off for College students or grads!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by plowexvii, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plowexvii

plowexvii Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm im on the phone wih the lenovo people. ALL OF THE X60 Tablets DO NOT come with touch screen for the student promotion! I'm canceling my order right now :-( ... it appears there was a site error and hes trying to convince me to purchase another now

2. Anonymouse

Anonymouse A nondescript mouse

What does that mean? That not all of the tablets have touch screens, or that they aren't selling any of the tablets that have touchscreens at the reduced price?

3. plowexvii

Sorry Anonymouse let me restate that:

The lower end tablets do not come with a touchscreen, although it is listed as them coming with it when you go to customize them. I was under the impression i would be getting a touch screen x60 tablet for 1800, but this is not the case. For the same config I had for my x60, the guy on the phone said I'd have to spend more like 2500 to get it :-/

The one priced around 1900-2000 comes with it. I'm very dissapointed, and guess I'll just have to keep searching for another tablet as 2500 is FAR from my price range. 1800 was about the max I could do.

4. Altima NEO

Altima NEO Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the touch screen really that much of a deal breaker for you?
    Seems the rest of the tablet is still rather kick ass

5. okashira

okashira Scribbler - Standard Member

apparently the $1400 and $1700 machines are NOT touch screens, even though it says so in the config. if you ordered the $1700 machnine, they are going to send you a non touch non outdoor XGA model.

-if you order the $1700 multiview/multitouch machine,
    --Lenovo will send you a regular XGA model.
    --Yes, Lenovo is retarded.
    --Lenovo still refuses to update their descriptions or get their sh!t together in general.

one guy has already recived his non-multiview/multitouch multiview/multitouch system.

check the www.gottabemobile.com Lenovo forums to witness the explosion that is Lenovo's supply/CS/website system.

6. plowexvii

Hey could you post the link to the discussion on it? I can't find the post about it! And yeah, I might just wait till after winter break for a tablet pc then.. unless I see a good deal again! I'm so sad about this one though! I guess it was too good to be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.