Lenovo X200 with Touch £888.67 (UK deal)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by martinT, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Just checked out the website for a couple more places for you bighotgigi and they too don't ship outside the UK. Thus, appears you're out of luck.

Advise you just think of it in the same way as all the US (American) only deals and promotions that are often about.

2. bighotgigi

bighotgigi Pen Pal - Newbie

I will need to find someone, who lives in the UK and will buy it for me. But how to arrange the money transfer. It must be safe for the seller and the buyer. Need to use an escrow service and to find a person. If someone wants to get a little benefit and will help me to buy the lenovo tablet i will be appreciated.

3. jjjj

jjjj Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine from dabs a few days ago, and it arrived this morning. It's the real thing! A top-spec X200T for £900 just in time for xmas :D

4. bighotgigi

bighotgigi Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there anyone who can help me?

5. samson79

samson79 Pen Pal - Newbie

@bighotgigi.
    I am in UK. Send me a PM and we will see how we can work things out.

@adam.mt
    Where did you find the toshiba for 860£? Let me know!

@jjjjj
    How do you find the X200t? What battery does it have, the 8-cell or the 4-cell? And most important of all, how is the screen? Bright enough? Viewing angles?? Usually thinkpads do not have a great screen... :-( I am talking from experience.
    ANd are the other specs like they were stated? Webcam, bluetooth etc?

I am ready to order right now but I am still torn between the two. :confused:

6. jjjj

jjjj Pen Pal - Newbie

It's arrived exactly as described in the Specifications section on dabs site here http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11105,50600,49350000 - where I notice they've dropped the price FURTHER to £868.98. Side of the box reads:

ThinkPad X200T
    Machine Type-Model: 7450-EMG
    Part Number: NRSEMUK

It comes with the 8 cell that protrudes from the back. Screen has good viewing angles, but gets blurry as you approach an extreme presumably because of the touch sensitive layer. Slightly grainy/'shimmery' on large fields of colour for the same reason. Fairly bright - more than enough for indoors use.

I honestly have no clue why they are selling this for £850, when every other equivalent model goes for £1500~£2000 (and even the yanks are paying $2000). It's tricked out with EVERYTHING. Vodafone HSDPA + sim, 200 gig disk, 2 gig ram, touch+active screen, intel 5300 wireless, huge battery life. I can only suggest you get in quick if you decide you want one... :)

7. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Samson, have sent you a PM.

Since I posted it I know the Lenovo is indeed a great bargain. However, I've decided to go with the Toshiba M750-10K instead which I've got for a good price. Not 100% sure it's going to come off though, hence why I'm not posting the details here yet (will in the new year if it works out ok; they're now closed for Christmas anyway).

Hope you enjoy the X200!

8. martinT

martinT Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought the same model. I got mine for around £840 from Bolton Wand, a premium Lenovo partner in the UK. I was impressed with them and I am very pleased with the X200T. Everything works as expected. The initial set-up process was well designed and smooth and the battery life is good too. So far I have nothing but good things to say.

My criteria were:
    dual touch, thin and light, solid build, good performance and ideally under £1000. Nothing else came close to meeting all these criteria.

Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.