Lenovo X1 Tablet 3rd gen screen coating issue?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Wiz, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Wiz

Wiz Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear all,

I would like to use this thread to see who is experiencing issues with their X1 Tablet 3rd gen displays.

I spotted a thread on the Lenovo forum suggesting there might be a (quality) issue with the coating that Lenovo has used on their Gorilla Glass 4 screens.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkP...3rd-Gen-Screen-scratching/td-p/4126264/page/5

I would like to investigate whether this is merely an incidental issue or a general one..

On the attached picture you can see my own screen. The scuff / spot is clearly visible there..
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Wiz

Wiz Pen Pal - Newbie

Apparently it is a known issue? See also on the Lenovo forums. Curious to see whether there indeed has been a new screen revision in August this year

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Wow, an eight page thread with almost 4000 views on Lenovo.com.. That probably means that there really is a problem. I haven't seen anyone mention it here, but then again, we have very few X1 tablet 3 users here for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  4. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

My x1t 3th have same problem,i'm not care at the first time,think it just dirty.But when i want to clean it,i found it cant be clean,it look like the keyboard crushed the screen.

5. Wiz

Wiz Pen Pal - Newbie

Pleas log your issue in the thread on the Lenovo forum listed above, if possible with a good picture..