Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Edwood

Edwood Scribbler - Standard Member

Geez. The orange stain on the bottom of the LCD on mine has faded noticeably, I wonder if I should just keep it, for fear that it's replacement would be even worse. :(

2. dinan

dinan Pen Pal - Newbie

Orange stain? Is it along the whole bottom of the screen or just like in a corner? If you press down on the edge of the screen near the stain does it make it worse?

I have a SLIGHT discoloration near the bottom and I can amplify it by pushing on the screen. I've had 4 TPT2's and they've all had this issue in one way or another. It's only really noticeable on white backgrounds.

3. Edwood

Edwood Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But it has faded a lot, so it's only noticeable against pure white now, and just barely. But it was really bad when I first got it as you can see in the above pics.

Should I risk sending it back for replacement? Everything else is perfect.

4. Doggie

Doggie Scribbler - Standard Member

If it were me with my primary uses for word processing, light web browsing and inking note taking----like I do with my TP2---I'd keep it---I be afraid that I might get less lucky with a replacement. But if someone wanted it for video, art sketching, photo viewing etc--that might be really different.

5. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi mates! I'm planning to buy a thinkpad tablet 2, but as I need the keyboard dock, I'm a little worried about it cause I see it doesn't have any latch mechanism to "fix" the tablet and the keyboard, and it seems any small movement could make the tablet fall.

Do you know if there is any alternative dock for this tablet? An external wireless/bluetooth keyboard is not the right solution for me cause I need to have both tablet and keyboard attach in case I need to use them on travel.

Thanks in advance!

6. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not found the lack of a latch to be a huge problem, but I understand your concern. On a flat surface, the tablet and keyboard are perfectly stable, and there is little to no risk of the tablet being jostled out of its groove. The combo seems to also work well resting on my stomach while lying in bed, but I have had the tablet to pop out under that scenario. It has not been a huge concern for me. The Lenovo keyboard is a delight to use.