1. Due to platform maintenance, the forum will be inaccessible for about 10 minutes beginning about 2 p.m. Sorry for any inconvenience! We'll remove this notice when work is complete.

Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Aug 2, 2012.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Surface Pro is tempting, but it will be a lot more expensive, will be 50 percent heavier, and will have shorter battery life. Of course it will be more powerful, but for casual annotation I don't really need that. I'm still hoping that the TPT2 will come out in the US in the coming three weeks. MS Store still lists 'estimated ship date' as 12/31/2012, so that doesn't look too great. What a stock tease.

2. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And a fan - don't forget the fan. At this point, I will either give into temptation and get a Clover Trail Atom, or possibly, just possibly, be able to hold out for the arrival of Haswell...

3. EspiOne

EspiOne Pen Pal - Newbie

No, no, no, no, everyone must hold out for it, they must, it is going to be "awesome". I know it will runs a slower processor, but I think the additional features make up for it.

Weight, stylus, battery power, and of course, it is a "Thinkpad".

Come on, don't jump ship, the supplies are on the way, we will survive.

4. PLinga

PLinga Pen Pal - Newbie

Well Lenovo have lots of other computer to sell for the Holiday season. It could simply be they want to clear stock of the old Windows 7 devices before releasing the TPT2

5. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That may be so, but none of the other models interest me. I'm torn between the TPT2, the HP Envy X2 or the Samsung 500T. The latter may be plasticky and cheap-looking, but at least I can buy it NOW...

6. EspiOne

EspiOne Pen Pal - Newbie

If we are gonna go there, I am actually torn between a AR-15 (M4 Variant) for the Zombie Apocalypse and the TPT2 for fun. Not sure which is more imporant.

7. EspiOne

EspiOne Pen Pal - Newbie

8. EspiOne

EspiOne Pen Pal - Newbie

I was just thinking, too, I am about to get a convertible Dell Tablet (Latitude XT3) from my Govt. Job, for work/home use. :confused: I plan to dual boot it, Win 7 / Win 8 and use Win 8 for personal use. (I am the computer assistant and make the PC/Notebook Images). I might pass on the TPT2, :eek:

Naaaaa, I am gonna get it. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

10. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

If the keyboard-dock uses Bluetooth, wouldn't that drain the battery faster than a keyboard-dock with connectors? That keyboard is pretty lame compared to the one made for the Ativ. But the TPT2 ships with Win8 Pro, which suggests it will provide downgrade rights to Win7. So I might have to tolerate its lame keyboard....Well, I use keyboards so rarely that it would probably be ok.