Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Bornferg

Bornferg Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here...I think the est delivery date of 1/1 has been revised to correspond to actual shipping date of 12/25.

2. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

So the charges have already hit your account? My account still doesn't show any final charges from Lenovo, however my estimated shipping date said Dec. 23rd on Dec. 23rd. Now my shipping date says Jan. 6th. Hope yours comes on 01/01, can't wait to hear reports of people receiving theirs.

3. ecoeco

ecoeco Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is showing shipping on 6 Jan as well. My order was a preorder to ship on "18 December".
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_222 using Board Express

4. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Charges are not showing on my account, but it's Christmas. Probably won't show until at least tomorrow. UPS tracking indicates the label has been created, but the package hasn't been picked up yet.

5. mattalter

mattalter Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered on 12/22 and ship date eta set for 12/27. Yesterday my ship date was the 26.

6. Terin Tamel

Terin Tamel Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine just changed from ship date of 1/6/13 (was previously 12/26/12) to Shipped with a UPS tracking number and estimated delivery date of 1/1/13.

7. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Does UPS deliver on 1/1? I believe they observe both New Year's Day and Eve, and will deliver only certain types of shipments (international) on Eve, but nothing on Day.

8. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Same thing, yesterday ship date was 12/26, then later in the evening it changed to 12/27. Being it was Christmas day I'm guessing its some automated system changing the dates, or maybe outsourcing from a different country.

I haven't checked my CC, are you guys getting charged when ordering, or when it actually ships?

9. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

NYC here. Ordered mine on Dec 20th with several accessories. I got some of them. The tablet was originally scheduled to be shipped on Dec 26th, but got pushed to Jan 6th. How can someone order it 2 days later and get is shipped earlier?

10. chaose

chaose Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo updated the ordering page for the thinkpad tablet 2 a few days it. Notably, it removed an option to select security features. I believe people who ordered after the page update got an earlier shipping date than people who ordered before.

Even though I ordered mine already, I'm still undecided as the Surface RT looks more promising considering it comes with a free copy of Office. Lenovo said that this tablet supports a 10 hour battery life but once you install some apps and start to have background processes, the battery life will most likely shorten quite a bit.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  11. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I considered the RT too. I dismissed this option because I am sure that, eventually, there will be an app I need for something that will not run on the RT.
    Also, the lack of support for a real digitizer and stylus pretty much kill the RT for business or high level educational use.

12. wdk

wdk Pen Pal - Newbie

Been lurking on this thread for a while as I waited for the TPT2 to be available. "The tablet you've been waiting for" is right. My order status says shipped on Dec 25 to arrive on Jan 1. These dates have been moving around a little, so who knows. Been waiting for a tablet to use OneNote for meeting notes. Hope this is the one.

13. sbl

sbl Pen Pal - Newbie

I placed my TPT2 order on Lenovo US with "Enhanced Convenience without Fingerprint Reader & NFC" on 19/12. My current estimated ship date is 2013/01/08. I still don't know what this "Security Features" is after asking the representative of Lenovo. Based on my experience of using windows tablet, a fingerprint reader is convenient for login windows without tediously typing password. If the Security Feature caused my delayed shipment, I hope it has similar function as fingerprint reader and won't cause further delay anymore...

14. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

Checking my order details it says it will come without a fingerprint reader and NFC. I think there was no option to add NFC to this tablet in the US, since the country is not listed on the website as having NFC configuration available.
    I didn't know what to select, but anyhow, it seems that Lenovo doesn't know exactly what it's selling either. The communication is very different from the IBM days. They basically showed a tablet with all the features, released a price, then kept removing features to keep their profit margins.

15. sbl

sbl Pen Pal - Newbie

I asked two Lenovo representatives online about what is "Enhanced Convenience without Fingerprint Reader & NFC"? They both said it is something not a fingerprint reader but has fingerprint reader function. I never heard anything like this before, but I like something works like a fingerprint reader so I selected this option.

16. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

weird...can you check under your system details if your tablet will come with NFC?

17. sbl

sbl Pen Pal - Newbie

Under my system details:
    "Fingerprint: TPT2 NoFPR & NFC, WiFi model"

Based on my conversation with the Lenovo representatives, I thought it is something has fingerprint reader function but neither a fingerprint reader nor NFC. Since Lenovo pulls off the "Security Features" on the TPT2 order website later, I guess the "Security Features" might be just a misunderstanding during the initial release of TPT2.

18. spinedoc77

Wow, ship date went from 12/26 to 12/27 then to 1/9 !! What a bunch of monkeys, I'm very tempted to cancel and get the Dell 10.

19. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

Hang in there, mine says ship date 01/06/13 but I just got a email notification that it has just shipped!

20. spinedoc77

This is very weird, I just got a ship notification also!