Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

2. jtpeace

jtpeace Pen Pal - Newbie

3. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

4. jtpeace

jtpeace Pen Pal - Newbie

In Canada, the only online retailers I have seen still have the Tablet being over-priced. The point is: Why is Canada being charged a premium of $600 over the US price? $600!!!! Does Lenovo think that the Canadian dollar is worth 50 cents US$?

Someone wrote that it has to be a mistake. I certainly hope it's a mistake. I own two Lenovo convertibles, and love them. But, unless the pricing is fixed, Lenovo can kiss my hairy behind.

5. manuelcalavera

Ive ordered one from pccanada with W8 Pro and Pen for 748 CDN. So those prices should be mistake.

6. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I didn't see an option to get the TPT2 with Win7. Nor I saw Win7 drivers for download. I thought all business machines with Win8 Pro would be available with Win7.... :confused: Perhaps those Win8 drivers are Win7-compatible?

7. EspiOne

EspiOne Pen Pal - Newbie

I would agree to a certian point, but the upgrade path is what I looking at, I really don't upgrade as much as I would like, although, I make good money, I don't upgrade to often. HECK, I am still running a 775 socket on my gaming PC with 260GTX GPUs. I normally plan my purchases and usually do my research, before I make a big purchase, $700, is alot for me, so a three year warranty is essential in the matter of a tablet. I am a IT technician (Computer Assistant for a Govt. Agency), so I can do normal repairs to "normal" IT equipment. I would say the Thinkpad Tablet 2, is a device would rather leave to the warranty service then tinker with myself. But your right, for some people, a year or two would be good and then move on. I really like Windows 8, and I use it on a X60T/X61T, but I would like to use in a touch screen type device, so I decided on the Tablet 2, of course, I am Thinkpad Fan, so that helps the cause. Been even since 2002, when I got my 1st Thinkpad with a Pentium 3. Thanks for your comment.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  8. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if the micro sd card slot is xc compatible? I cannot see any reference to it the literature. Also I understand the digitizer/pen is Atmel, do you guys believe this will be OK?

9. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

My order was bumped from "released to manufacturing" to "in production." New ship date of Dec. 22. Formerly it was to ship on Jan 7.

10. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I resubmitted my order after my first one got mysteriously cancelled, but it was a blessing in disguise as I used the BN discount and got the winPro version with a slim case for $692. Odd thing is that it's showing a ship date of 12/26/12, I'm not complaining but it's kind of odd, maybe they are working hard to make up for being so late!

I asked the rep about the 3g version, he said end of January but did not have any pricing info. If it's not more than $100-150 extra I'll probably exchange mine for that one as a mobile connection just makes things so nice, instead of tethering.

11. phawker

phawker Pen Pal - Newbie

Check this link. When I navigate to the Canadian Lenovo site and click on the TPT2 I get a list price identical to the States. AND a ship date of Dec 31 "due to Boxing Day."

12. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Pen Pal - Newbie

For info, Lenovo Chat tell me the micro sd card slot is xc compatible.

13. manuelcalavera

Though that was my guess too, do not rely on their reps. They are not qualified for what they do. One time, a rep did not believe their own ad. I showed him Lenovo Catalog and he said "that is not reliable I cannot comment on that." Their OWN catalog.

14. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member

Dutch retailers now seem to be quoting different model numbers:
    N3S23MH - € 688,49
    N3S2PMH - € 603,79
    N3S25MH - € 882,09

I asked a retailer for clarification, it appears that the N3S23MH ships with a pen, so I assume that the N3S2PMH at 85 euros less does not. So P does not equal "pen" in this case; all very logical... not.

The other thing that the retailer told me was that the model with the pen is not expected to be available until the 23rd January 2013.

15. chaose

chaose Pen Pal - Newbie

Just curious, what are you guys goign to be using this tablet for? Are you all buying it with the keyboard dock?

16. manuelcalavera

I myself ordered it with just slim case and VGA adapter. that keyboard is too big for my work. And with having the slim case, I can use any BT keyboard that I want.

17. noxxle

Mine has shipped from Lenovo. Anyone else?

18. Terin Tamel

Terin Tamel Pen Pal - Newbie

Yesterday mine said it would ship out 12/26. Today it says 1/6/2013. Not sure what happened!

19. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here.

20. noxxle

Mine said 1/6 too, but i got the shipment notification and tracking # this morning. Interestingly, the delivery date (1/1) is currently shown as before the ship date (1/6).