Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I can't tell the difference by looking at them, but one of the commenters said the stylus appeared to be Wacom, not N-Trig. Anyone here got an opinion?

[​IMG]

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Wonder if that is the next generation N-Trig device. The tip looks N-Trig to me.

3. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

From what I can see the tip, the total total length, and width of the stylus it self is different than what came with my Thinkpad tablet, and that is N-Trig. The tip also looks to be a bit smaller with softer plastic looking material vs the black plastic on mine. Over all I like the stylus and device, but I guess now we have to wait and see what the final specs and performance will be like.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Not sure if this is a defining feature, but the back doesn't look like the eraser that I'm used to on Wacom pens.

5. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

my issue is that it's rocking an atom chip. Needs IB if I was too drool.

2d

6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

There's always the Surface Pro. Between the screen resolution and the processor, I think the ThinkPad Tablet 2 (inspired name, guys) was meant to seriously undercut in pricing the 1080p, Ivy Bridge Surface Pro. The Surface Pro is the aspirational tablet for individuals to purchase; the Tablet 2 is the one your boss will actually approve the funding for and distribute to the entire sales force.

7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Looks like pricing of the Thinkpad Tablet 2 will be $600-$700. Also looks like Lenovo will sell an IdeaPad tablet running Windows RT for $400ish.

Windows 8 RT tablets to sell for $300 less than Intel-based counterparts, says Lenovo exec -- Engadget

(Ignore Engadget's speculation that because the Surface will cost $199 (unconfirmed rumor and unlikely) that the Thinkpad Tablet 2 will cost $300 to $500...that's directly contradictory to what Schmoock himself said).

8. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  9. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Huh. Well, we've definitely got another one to add to the list. Full Windows 8, pen silo, potentially a reasonable keyboard dock (although it doesn't look like the angle is changeable), looks like Wacom by the pen, etc etc Neat. There's gonna be a few of 'em!

10. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

For a while, I've wondered about the ability to change angles in these new detachables... I can't remember seeing them doing that in any video. Perhaps that won't be a possibility in any of them. That's sure a useful feature.