Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kvoram, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Scribbler - Standard Member

2. nniitt

nniitt Pen Pal - Newbie

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yes, by then the HP Envy X2 will be up for order (14-Nov) and the Samsung 500T should be in stock at Staples and OfficeDepot (and possibly Samsclub, Costco, and all the online spots). By 16-Nov it is going to be a little more crowded in the market. If Lenovo had them in stock and ready to go 26-Oct they would have done much better.

In retrospect, however, I am not sure what is going on with all the 'promised' tablets. Win 8 launch has come and gone and the only thing out there is Surface RT's and a handful of Samsung Ativ 500T's that seem to have dribbled out of Staples!

4. nniitt

nniitt Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, DELL's new win8 atom tablet is going to ship on December. Not sure what is going on with all the 'promised' tablets, either.
    I;ll probably wait for the reviews of thinkpad tablet 2 and decide which one to buy (the atom tablet or i3/i5 tablet). Just a little bit concern about the clover trail cpu.

5. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It also looks like a few Ativ Pros are available too. The only company to really make well on W8 beside MS is Sony with the Vaio Duo, but that's more of a slider(and Lenovo with the Yoga, but that lacks a digitzer). Odd, that only a few were able to get it out on time. I want to say it maybe an issue with Atom and drivers, but a few i core models seemed to be delayed too.

6. nniitt

nniitt Pen Pal - Newbie

Another issue is that very few of these new win8 tablets has cellular connectivity. Don;t know why. Definitely not a technical issue.

7. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

TPT2 BT Keyboard is so thick, and thats annoying. makes me wonder if I'm gonna buy the TPT2 at all. If you look at the sleeve's dimension, you'll see that its depth is 27 mm. it means its gonna add at least 15mm to the tablet itself. I agree that its build quality will be superb but 25-26 mm is not thin ! some powerhouse laptops are even slimmer. Thing is TPT2 has no stand, so we're not able to buy any BT keyboard. We could use any slim BT keyboard on market if TPT2 had a stand.

8. bemymonkey

bemymonkey Scribbler - Standard Member

The Tabook says otherwise.

[​IMG]

9. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

Dude thats a dock not a stand . Stand is what surface using at its back.

Im thinking about putting my tablet+keyboard in my bag like my books. The dock makes it worse. I need everything to remain thin.

10. bemymonkey

bemymonkey Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh, you're referring to a kickstand (which is different from a stationary stand that would stay in place when you take your tablet - something for which the dock looks like it would work pretty well)... in that case, your only option may be a folio-type case that includes a kickstand.