Lenovo (ThinkVision LT1423) touch & Stylus wireless monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tor, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks!

I saw your review, but regarding the edge accuracy, you only did a quick 4-corner check. Can you do something like this with a ruler: Tablet Display Accuracy Test 2 - Linearity - YouTube , but just around the edges? Just a few horizontal and vertical lines will do.

If you're using SAI, you can use TAB to hide the command panels, then F11 twice to change the full screen mode.

Then just upload the resulting image.

2. whazzup

Also, can anyone test whether the monitor can be powered with a typical external battery pack for phone/tablets?

3. oranjoose

oranjoose Pen Pal - Newbie

I did a quick set of strokes using a cd case. The vertical and horizontal lines at the perimeter of the content were done within a few pixels from the edges of the screen, including drawing right into the corners:

rulerEdgeTest.jpg

Please forgive the sloppiness at the top right. It was annoying dealing with the scroll bar.

4. whazzup

Thanks, accuracy seems pretty good!

Lenovo seriously needs to make more of these.....

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Some general Bad News

There is a thread on Lenovo's forum with some Reviews of the "Wireless" model

here is the thread

Review ThinkVision LT1423p Touch Mobile Monitor - Lenovo Community

But to Sum up the bad.....

1. the Wireless Mode is Horrible.....unusable....Pen input doesn't even work...and multitouch may or may not work...but when it does its super laggy....so it performs worse then it was demoed about a year ago.
    2. The saving grace of the Wireless Model; its Battery Pack....sadly does not work when the Wireless Model is used wired. Since it has a hefty thermal drain on the paired laptop, I was hoping the battery pack could alleviate the thermal drain...but sadly that is not the case. When plugged in, the battery is disabled.
    3. The whole USB2 over USB3 issue is nearly a non-issue at this point...because some devices don't have enough USB power output to adequately run the wired LT1423p. Such in the case of the Surface Pro 2...who's sole USB 3 Port can only power the LT1423p at the lowest brightness setting. Supposedly it can work if you can plug it into 2 USB2 Ports...but since most Tablets as of late only have a single USB port...this is a problem.

6. oranjoose

I received a Fujitsu stylus that has two buttons and an eraser ( Amazon.com: Fujitsu Digitizer Pen (1 replacement Stylus) T5000: Electronics )

The problem is that I can't seem to get the second button or the eraser to work. While the second button is held down, the cursor disappears and makes the pen non-existent to the tablet. The eraser doesn't register any input whatsoever.

Is this a problem for any other Wacom digitizer tablets out there? Or is it just that the lt1423p can't take input from a second button or eraser?

Can anyone else who has an lt1423p please confirm whether or not this is the case for you?

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Wacom drivers, etc. The only Wacom feel drivers that work are the newest batch (7.1.2). Any other version I've tried makes the pen unrecognized by the tablet input.

7. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it just doesn't take eraser input... I've been using mine with the x220t pen, and it doesn't "erase" either (ie with the back of the pen). If anyone could prove otherwise, it'd be great, though...

8. oranjoose

Thanks for your response. Hopefully it's only a driver-related issue that will be sorted out soon, God-willing.

I don't see why it would be a hardware limitation, and I really hope it isn't.

I'm trying to see if there is any other evidence about it around. Shogmaster posted a video ( [video=youtube_share;f2_7VpjOKGc]http://youtu.be/f2_7VpjOKGc[/video] )

but I don't think he ever uses the eraser. He performs a bunch of undo operations, and a couple of pans, but those could have happened with the keyboard off screen.

9. whazzup

Placed an order for the wired version on the 2nd of Jan and it should arrive at my friend's place by tomorrow, the 9th.

Will still need to wait a couple weeks' before I can get it from my friend, but still, Lenovo's pretty fast now.

10. lebhaft

lebhaft Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot for this review, Commander Wolf. I have used a double usb connected Yiynova 10 inch penabled display. Sometimes it calibrates on the main screen, and often it loses the pen driver and become a usb display.

I guess that is why Wacom has not made a USB touch screen (probably except for DTU-1031). A single USB cable may not solve many problems that Lenovo and Yiynova currently have.

Presently I am considering Wacom android hybrid and Lt1423p for a portable touch screen. I only need to use it for pdf reading and marking, therefore Wacom one is really not necessary considering the cost and weight, but I believe it should be very stable compared to other brands on the driver side. I have used 15 inch and 17 inch Wacom PL series pen display and they never gave me calibration or pen drive issues (even when being paired with HP 2760P and Fujitsu T580).

I am waiting for more reviews on lt1423p (especially on the driver side) to make a decision.