Lenovo (ThinkVision LT1423) touch & Stylus wireless monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tor, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Ah ok, he's referring to the device manager properties dialogue box. That's actually a setting that I always hit regardless on any Wacom tablet PCs, since Windows 8.

2. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

So other than the one guy in the Lenovo forums, none has gotten a unit?

3. oranjoose

oranjoose Pen Pal - Newbie

God-willing, I should be getting my hands on one within the next couple weeks.

If you guys give me a list of things you want me to try, then I'll try to oblige.

stoneseeker likes this.
  4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Do you have a Wacom penabled tabletPC?? If so, try using the monitor with it and see if you can seamlessly use the same wacom pen on both screens during "extended desktop" mode.
    Curious about:
    battery life
    digitizer accuracy
    quality of screen (colors contrast viewing angles)
    lag
    portability

thanks!!

5. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf Pen Pal - Newbie

After being delayed for the third time, my order status has finally been upgraded to "released to manufacturing". Estimated ship date is the 6th now, so I've got my fingers crossed!

6. oranjoose

Hmm... well maybe my input won't be as helpful to you.

I do not own a Wacom penabled tablet, but I do have an intuos that I was going to test with it. I have co-workers who have Surface Pros that I could ask to use for a minute, but not much in the form of extensive testing.

I purchased the one without the battery, since I was afraid of all the increased latency (lag) speculation, so I won't be able to tell you battery life. Maybe you could research the size capacity rating of the battery and the battery type, and then check the power ratings on the lt1423p to consider a ballpark figure. I would use the kill-a-watt to determine the increased power draw of the USB one, but displaylink will posisbly force my processor to use more power as well.

Do you have any specific methods you want me to use in testing the digitizer accuracy? I was probably just going to do a couple comparisons against the intuos by drawing a bunch of straight lines and curvy pressure variable lines. I don't know.

I think I should be able to provide fairly extensive anecdotal testimony about the quality of the screen, since I have many different monitors I can compare it to.

As for lag, I intend to do an input lag test against an incredibly fast monitor, low lag monitor (BenQ XL2410T 120Hz), in order to see how quick the USB connection is. I am still considering methodologies for determining the input lag of the pen to the screen.

Portability is purely subjective, so I guess pictures/video will have to do for that.

stoneseeker likes this.
  7. oranjoose

Well, did it ship? Any updates? Too much snow?

8. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually it looks like it did. Lenovo is quoted an arrival date of 12/12, but UPS doesn't seem to want to give a delivery date, so I'm not 100% sure when it's supposed to arrive. Will see if I can take some pics and write up my thoughts when it does, though.

9. oranjoose

As a heads up, the lt1423p came in the mail for me yesterday. I haven't had much any time to test it out, but I'll do what I can, God-willing.

Should I post my findings in a reply to this thread, or should I start a new one?

To not leave you guys too hanging, the monitor works, and looks pretty good. I installed the Wacom "feel driver" ( Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas ) and pressure sensitivity works in Photoshop (for the most part) and OneNote, but not in Sketchbook Pro or Paint Tool SAI.

Is there something I'm missing?

10. ljbad

ljbad Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd be interested in your findings. Go ahead and start a new thread.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough to give you any help in the drivers area. Good luck.