Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14" Gen 2 USA

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by soh5, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Picked up an open box Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY0002US) from Best Buy over the weekend. Stylus jitter and palm rejection seems remarkably bad in OneNote (both metro and desktop). Have others had the same experience? Any advice (3rd party driver updates, etc.) that might correct the issue? With exception to some light bleed on the bottom of the panel, I'm impressed with the hardware refresh and love the silo.

EDIT: Running a clean install of Windows 10 with all drivers installed from the Lenovo support page, including the Wacom/Wintab driver 7.3.2.12.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. dblkk

dblkk Pen Pal - Newbie

Same ish experience out the box, but fresh install and drivers fixed it for me. Probably more so drivers, but I always do fresh installs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. southdunes

Likewise, I always do the same re: clean installs. In this case, are there any other drivers beyond the Wintab that I might have missed as a result?

Also have one of the Dynapad Trupens inbound for delivery tomorrow. Interested to see if it exhibits the same behavior.

4. dblkk

dblkk Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, only used the stock pen and the Lenovo pen pro.

Drivers, not entirely sure, I just went to support website, specific model, windiws version, and downloaded all that were like companion app and other stupid crap. And installed them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. southdunes

Bummed to say the TP14 was returned. Again, open box, so no surprise it had a defect. Prior to the return, I tried rolling back the Wintab driver with somewhat improved, but still not acceptable results.

Played with the Inspiron 15 I7568 while I was at BB, contemplating going that route. That sombich is *BIG*.

6. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

7. InvincibIe

InvincibIe Pen Pal - Newbie

So this might be a stupid question, but a while back I swapped the default drive for an SSD while leaving the default Sandisk 16GB SSD intact.

Feeling that the Sandisk drive may slow bootup times given the superiority of my Samsung 850 Evo, how do I go about switching entirely to the Samsung SSD for boot up and everything else? Is it as simple as removing the Sandisk drive? Thanks!

8. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I thinks so. That's what I did. I did it at the time I put the new EVO 850 cloned drive in. It's been 7 months and haven't skipped a beat.

Sent from my GS7

InvincibIe likes this.
  9. Benjihm

Benjihm Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought the Thinkpad Yoga 14 and shopped for the pen (4X80H34887) separately, which worked fine. I was very satisfied for 3 months until the nib of the pen began to wear down. I contacted customer support, who were extremely unhelpful. At first they were unaware this model even had a compatible stylus. Once I showed them the models on their website and sent pictures of the pen, they said that the nib wearing down was due to "unusual wear and tear", in spite of my assurance that I had only used the stylus with the Thinkpad. They also said that they do not sell the nibs for the pen separately. Therefore the only solution seems to be to buy a new $40+ stylus every 3 or so months from Lenovo (neat, huh?). Needless to say, the poor product quality and worse customer service has put me off buying anything from Lenovo again.
    For those looking for similar alternatives, the HP Envy x2 13t and Dell Latitude 7000 were in my shortlist of digitizer-enabled hybrids. I also found this forum helpful: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...t-tablets-and-convertibles-with-stylus.52592/

10. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The replacement tips for the Toshiba DynaPad TruPen will work with the Lenovo Thinkpad Pro Pen. Or you might want to switch to a Wacom Bamboo Smart.

czm2000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.