Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga discussion thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by JoeS, Jan 4, 2018.

1. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

So Bad news. Lenovo Outlet sent me a silver x380 which I'm not happy about (they did not list silver on their description anywhere; I guess I should have known based on model number?) luckily they offered to let me return it with no restocking fee. Frustrated and not wanting a silver one again, I ordered one off of amazon; for quite a bit more. But it arrived and was obviously used and the color of the screen was washed out and yellow. The panel was also not as bright as the silver one lenovo had sent me; it had also obviously had been opened; as the back panel was marred on the edges and the screws were stripped. So I'm shipping that one back as well. *Sigh*.... Realized how much I don't like the 16:9 display in portrait mode though... I really liked the thunderbolt ports though; egpu worked nicely. Thinking about the X1 Tablet 3rd gen at this point.

JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yeah, that's an awesome system. BTW there are some Thanksgiving deals on lenovo.com right now, maybe check for the X380 there first?

Edit: yup, 25% off, maybe that gets a brand new one in your price range? Same on the X1 tablet

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  3. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the tip on the sale; even steeper discounts on the sale combined with perksatwork. X1 Tablet ordered; hopefully that one treats me better.

JoeS likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Nice, I forgot that the X1 Tablet has a 3:2 screen unlike the horrid 16:9 on my X1Y3. Sweet! Hope you'll post some first impressions in the X1 Tablet thread.

Last edited: May 31, 2019