Lenovo ThinkPad "deals"

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by electronbee, Oct 25, 2014.

1. electronbee

electronbee Pen Pal - Newbie

Just adding it here so others know... the Outlet Store on the Lenovo sites has a variety of ThinkPads that can be refurbs, scratch&dent, or, redistributed. That's how I got my ThinkPad 10 4GB/128GB for $499 (they still have 250 left).

In addition to that, if you sign up for the Lenovo email newsletter, and wait about 15 minutes, a confirmation email will arrive with a one-time coupon code. This is the breakdown for that code:

$10 off $50
    $20 off $500
    $50 off $1000
    $100 off $2000

It also states.. "per unit" so this might be literally a single item meeting that price and not the total cart.

The Lenovo Protective case is $54.99 , which applies for that first tier. Wish I had known this when I had made the original purchase. Any ways, I used the newsletter coupon, in combination with a work "bonus", to get the two-year ADP warranty...

2. Grazl

Grazl Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats nice offer, but no 3G and as usually it's US-only...

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's very tempting, I wish they had a 3g version. I'm going for my 4th SP3 warranty replacement today, I wish they would just refund my money and then I think I would grab a TPT10.

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Sorry to hear that Doc. I suppose you have posted the saga over in the MS Forum and I'll have to check up on that.

I am back to using my Elitepad 1000 presently just because it is a better TabletPC than my Helix 1. The TPT10 has pretty much the same guts and they work very well. My only issue is that I only have 64 GB of storage; the Helix has 256 GB. The Helix is a better laptop and the only parts of the TPT10 I don't like are a) the pointy corners (they jab into me on the Helix the way I use it), and b) the drop-in fixed angle keyboard. Otherwise I would probably have the 128 GB TPT10 myself because the 128 GB Elitepad is very expensive.

5. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry for rubbing salt into the wound, but Lenovo are offering models of the TP10 here in Europe that can be configured to include 3G:

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/thinkpad/thinkpad-10/

This has been the case for months now. Dunno why Lenovo US make it so difficult for you...

Bizarrely, the configuration to add 3G support is under the Display section, and not the networking section. Sometimes I think Lenovo's web designers haven't got a clue.

6. electronbee

electronbee Pen Pal - Newbie

In the USA, we have free WiFi almost everywhere. So, having a WWAN connection is for the few, and, mainly business users. Who have to have constant contact. The rest of us just use our phone and tether or just use the phone.

dceggert likes this.
  7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Hey, why not bump a five year old thread.. :)

There's currently a 30% off deal on the X1 Yoga 3rd gen, and on the X1 Extreme (that one without digitizer!), and maybe on some other models as well. Coupon code THINKSALE