Lenovo Thinkpad 2 In Stock at Newegg

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by TheGuac, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

I decided to sell my Vaio Duo to get a Thinkpad 2. I read through the shipping update thread and was getting wary of ordering through Lenovo so I searched Newegg. They have the most spec'd out version available (Win 8 Pro, digitizer, etc) for $658 (about $40 less than Lenovo). It is in stock now and ready to ship! I like Newegg because also no tax and generous return policy. Go get 'em while they last!

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312083

Also, you have to pay $18 for shipping but better than $60 for tax.

2. rzp2003

rzp2003 Scribbler - Standard Member

seems stylus is included?

3. TheGuac

Yup, it appears to be the $699 version on Lenovo's website. I just ordered it 30 min ago and it's already getting ready for shipping haha.

4. rzp2003

rzp2003 Scribbler - Standard Member

thanks for the tip.

5. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered mine from newegg with next day shipping. Trying to cancel my original order with Lenovo, but it seems it's not possible until tomorrow. Anyone know a way to do this earlier?

6. ecoeco

ecoeco Pen Pal - Newbie

It's also in stock (or at least there are 10 available as at the time of this post) from an Amazon seller. The price is a little cheaper and the shipping cost lower than from Newegg.com:

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

7. TheGuac

Hm, I don't see it. Amazon appears OOS and the only seller is selling it for $750.

8. ecoeco

ecoeco Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry - I dropped offline when trying to paste the link to the Amazon reseller - here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/ba***mp
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

9. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nice find, ordering one now. What's the restock fee, under the standard return policy it says restock fee but doesn't say how much. I'm still considering the 3G model when it comes out, but may just be happy with my AT&T hotspot.

10. kornalius

kornalius Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice, ordered mine through newegg.ca, hopefully it will ship. I had placed an order also on lenovo canada but will cancel it.

11. TheGuac

It is 15%. I'll be using my wifi hotspot.

I should note that at least in past experiences, Newegg customer support is very good and may waive the restocking fee if there is something you don't like about the tablet.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  12. brome

brome Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered one from newegg (paid for next day shipping) and saved $40. I sure hope I get it by Friday! I also chatted with a lenovo customer service rep and cancelled my order through them,

13. sbl

sbl Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one form newegg and will cancel my Lenovo order later.

14. TheGuac

Jeez, Newegg is fast. My order already shipped and I only ordered it at 6 PM CST! I didn't even think they were working that late. I opted for the cheapest shipping option (3 day) since I don't need it in a hurry so I'll probably receive it early next week, unless of course their distribution center is in the Midwest somewhere. Hopefully it'll be enough, otherwise I'll just keep the Vaio Duo and wait for the second generation.

15. 150pilot

150pilot Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm...
    I ordered mine from Lenovo on the 1st day it was available. Then the price was $729, and they added $52.85 for tax so I ended up getting charged $781.85 and that was back on 12/19. My tablet is to be delivered by the end of the day today which is 15 days later. Now you say I can order it from Newegg, shipped for $675.67? WTF??? That's over $100 more for what!? If I refuse delivery today I have to wait maybe another 2 weeks to get a refund so I can order from Newegg with no guarantee they will have any left then. This is BS as they are now only charging $699 for the model I ordered. Anyone else in the same boat left paying $781.85 for an Atom based tablet?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  16. TheGuac

I'm actually surprised Newegg offered it at that price since just about anywhere is higher (for preorders). The Microsoft Store is even higher for a lower end model. I'm wondering if the price is temporary and will increase in the coming days.

17. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's possible. Mine was slightly cheaper at Lenovo with the BN gold discount, but I'll be damned if I wait for Lenovo to get a clue. Well at least they saved me the trouble of ordering the slim case.

18. TheGuac

Is yours going to be delivered today? We ordered around the same time and mine shipped yesterday. It won't be delivered until Monday but since you did next day air, will yours be delivered today? They are shipped from Fresno, CA.

19. philox

philox Pen Pal - Newbie

They did not ship it because the billing address was different from the shipping address and required some sort of verification, which was made about the time they were closing yesterday. I should get it tomorrow.
    Also I talked to a Lenovo representative (very difficult to understand as she had a very strong indian accent), and she was clueless about the whole situation with Newegg, but mentioned that if the tablet ships in spite of the cancellation they will give me a full refund. I did not cancel the keyboard from Lenovo as it seems that newegg does not have it...my keyboard will ship in February (shame on Lenovo).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  20. brome

brome Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like Newegg is out of stock now.