Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

1. B00STED

B00STED Pen Pal - Newbie

To answer some previous questions it will be equipped with a Micro HDMI port and there is no garage for the pen. Also the power supply is a proprietary lenovo power supply. Not the typical USB charging that you are used to seeing on the previous Thinkpad Tablet 10 or Tablet 8.

Bloody Nokia Adept likes this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Am I the only one curious about what that lengthwise "cover" is at the top next to the camera? Removable battery? Looks like it's meant to be removed whatever it is.

3. beepFTW

beepFTW Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe that it was just a prototype designed for use by the FCC. I could be wrong though (hopefully).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

4. B00STED

B00STED Pen Pal - Newbie

The pictures that are shown in the previous page are accurate. That is what its going to look like.

beepFTW likes this.
  5. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I think its just the area where the Wifi will be, and will be protected by plastic and not metal since metal "hinders" wifi performance. Just a thought Drstrauss

6. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

Hey, B00STED, how are you? Glad to see you on the forum! :hi2:

Is X1 Carbon 2nd gen still with you? I do remember those times of early leaks on Carbon and thats why I completely trust your sources. Do you have any info regarding weight and dimensions? What the body is made of: plastic or magnesium alloy?

Not penabled?! :mad:
    Micro HDMI? Ohh... Lord, why? miniDP would be the perfect fit for the TP10T! :(

By telling proprietary power supply, do you mean separate ports for the proprietary power jack and standard USB? For instance, in Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2012 had proprietary slot that combined power charging and USB host and worked through the proprietary adapters only. How it works in case of TP10T?

7. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

This cover hides antenna blocks: WWAN + WiFi.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It is penabled, just not in a silo (what boosted calls a garage).

9. beepFTW

beepFTW Pen Pal - Newbie

As long as there is a place to put it, I'm fine with it. Even if I have to use a case. :p

10. B00STED

B00STED Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Bloody,

I am doing quite well and yourself? Just to answer a few questions without giving it all away the following holds true:

- It is pen enabled. However you will have to store it on the cover cause you can not store it in the tablet itself like you did with the original Tablet 10. (This is do to the size of the pen. Looked at the attached picture)
    - Tablet is under 500 grams in weight. I dont have my other scale on me so I cant weight it at this time.
    - Roughly 9.0mm in thickness.
    - 36w power supply. Meet Lenovo's new tablet charger (See picture attached)
    - As far as ports go you will have the standard size USB port, Micro HDMI. Micro SD card slot & Sim card slot.
    - Models available with Smart Card reader, NFC and Finger Print Reader.

Overall not a bad machine and I would say Baytrail does have an improvement in performance and battery life. Cant say exactly how many hours of battery because I have yet to let it drain out completely.

Now on to the pictures. charger.jpg cover.jpg back.jpg